Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
repetitive clicking noises after a couple of hours of use
(28-Jun-2016, 18:30)Coffee_fan Wrote: Thank you very much @le_plus_gran_posteur. I will check the temperatures, do you have any idea what are acceptable ranges?

Pierre (coffee_fan)

Anything over about 64-65C is problematic (from memory).

Hold down the bottom right button on the remote until the status menu comes up and cycle through it (repeated right button clicks I think).   Temperature status is after the Custom Config ones - you'll probably cycle past it a few times and have to go round again!
Power button exits the menu (probably other ways too).
Anything over about 64-65C is problematic (from memory).

@Le_moderateur: Thanks, very useful info, I am reading now 32C, 31C and 30C for class-A, class-D and power supply respectively and the amp is sounding mighty fine, through a pair of Triangle Antal EZ.

Pierre
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
I also had a click/cracking sound coming from the left speaker (Triangle Delta's) when I first had my 200 last year. It was not loud, but nevertheless annoying ro say the least, and yes...I was running 'Air'!

Didn't happen all the time, but just like a recurring mouth ulcer, when it comes back, you know immediately what it is...and swear a bit!

I switched from Air to USB and the problem vaporised! So I would suggest trying a different method of connection (AES, USB, Ethernet etc) and see if this resolves before doing much else...
I don't use Air any more (sadly)!

Good luck...
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(29-Jun-2016, 08:50)teddlesdee Wrote: I also had a click/cracking sound coming from the left speaker (Triangle Delta's) when I first had my 200 last year. It was not loud, but nevertheless annoying ro say the least, and yes...I was running 'Air'!

Didn't happen all the time, but just like a recurring mouth ulcer, when it comes back, you know immediately what it is...and swear a bit!

I switched from Air to USB and the problem vaporised! So I would suggest trying a different method of connection (AES, USB, Ethernet etc) and see if this resolves before doing much else...
I don't use Air any more (sadly)!

Good luck...

Thanks, I switched for now to sourcing Tidal via the sonos-connect, which is ok for my current needs. Long term I will look into hooking up USB as I figure the Devialet should be asynchronous USB and would guarantee that timing and jitter are kept in check.
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi