Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airplay for Phantom
Why Devialet does not bring Airplay compatibility via a software solution ?
(09-Dec-2016, 14:01)daibaron Wrote: Why Devialet does not bring Airplay compatibility via a software solution ?

Expect a firmware on monday to fix this for those with Gold.
(09-Dec-2016, 19:01)hydr Wrote:
(09-Dec-2016, 14:01)daibaron Wrote: Why Devialet does not bring Airplay compatibility via a software solution ?

Any details you'd like to add to that statement? Wink
(12-Dec-2016, 19:44)Birnando Wrote:
(09-Dec-2016, 19:01)hydr Wrote:

Any details you'd like to add to that statement? Wink

He didn't say which Monday Wink
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Yesterday I received my new Dialog (serial number ending with X04). Airplay is working perfectly. Now I can use Roon on my system (2 Phantom white) flawlessly, which was my goal. The best news is that you don't need to start Spark to use Airplay. Volume adjusting is working fine with Roon as well, also without Spark.
(14-Dec-2016, 12:17)AudioMark Wrote: Yesterday I received my new Dialog (serial number ending with X04). Airplay is working perfectly. Now I can use Roon on my system (2 Phantom white) flawlessly, which was my goal. The best news is that you don't need to start Spark to use Airplay. Volume adjusting is working fine with Roon as well, also without Spark.

hello audio mark,

just a quick question, did you buy the christmas bundle in order to get the new dialog or did you buy the new dialog separately? i checked the devialet website and store, but no information on the new dialog anywhere...

thanks!
(15-Dec-2016, 10:25)senso Wrote:
(14-Dec-2016, 12:17)AudioMark Wrote: Yesterday I received my new Dialog (serial number ending with X04). Airplay is working perfectly. Now I can use Roon on my system (2 Phantom white) flawlessly, which was my goal. The best news is that you don't need to start Spark to use Airplay. Volume adjusting is working fine with Roon as well, also without Spark.

Quote:hello audio mark,

just a quick question, did you buy the christmas bundle in order to get the new dialog or did you buy the new dialog separately? i checked the devialet website and store, but no information on the new dialog anywhere...

thanks!

Hi Senso

I asked my dealer specifically for a new Dialog with serial number ending with X03 or X04. I was told in a chat with Devialet (on their website) that only these Dialogs are Airplay compatible. Unfortunately I had to buy a new Dialog, but I'm very happy with the Airplay possibility for a for me perfect Roon experience.
AudioMark, I believe you are a liar my friend, there is no software update available for the X03 or X04 Dialog that allows for Airplay.
Praetorax, there are others who have reported Airplay activated with their new dialog. Not sure if I would accuse someone of bald lying before getting more information.
(16-Dec-2016, 08:42)MountainGuy Wrote: Praetorax, there are others who have reported Airplay activated with their new dialog.  Not sure if I would accuse someone of bald lying before getting more information.

Let's see a screenshot from some of those users...   Dodgy I hereby invite 'AudioMark' to share with us a screenshot from his iPhone using airplay with the Dialog Phantom...