Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Airplay for Phantom
I discussed several times with the customer and technical support. What they told me is that a few new generation Dialogs were probably shipped (including in French stores) before the DoS update was released. The new Dialog include a hardware update. Combined with the latest DoS update (firmware), Airplay gets activated. You need both: the new generation Dialog and the latest firmware.

In other words, if you have the former version of the Dialog, the firmware update won't provide you with Airplay capability.
If you ordered a Dialog recently, it will be the latest version which includes all the hardware changes. It will either come with the latest firmware or you will have to do the update yourself.

I suspect AudioMark got a new generation Dialog. When he updated the firmware he got Airplay.

The reason why everyone is confused (including stores) is because there's no external difference between the old and the new Dialog. Even the serial number seems not to be a reliable way to identify which is which.
(16-Dec-2016, 11:35)pmichellon Wrote: I discussed several times with the customer and technical support. What they told me is that a few new generation Dialogs were probably shipped (including in French stores) before the DoS update was released. The new Dialog include a hardware update. Combined with the latest DoS update (firmware), Airplay gets activated. You need both: the new generation Dialog and the latest firmware.

In other words, if you have the former version of the Dialog, the firmware update won't provide you with Airplay capability.
If you ordered a Dialog recently, it will be the latest version which includes all the hardware changes. It will either come with the latest firmware or you will have to do the update yourself.

I suspect AudioMark got a new generation Dialog. When he updated the firmware he got Airplay.

The reason why everyone is confused (including stores) is because there's no external difference between the old and the new Dialog. Even the serial number seems not to be a reliable way to identify which is which.

Hi pmichellon, I have also just ordered the new generation dialog directly from Devialet. I instalelled it and updated but no Airplay available yet, Devialet support told me that the software for AirPlay isn't ready yet and will come with a later update. That's why I have to suspect everybody is a liar until I see a proof (screenshot).
(15-Dec-2016, 20:28)praetorax Wrote: AudioMark, I believe you are a liar my friend, there is no software update available for the X03 or X04 Dialog that allows for Airplay.

There are three things I'm sure about:

1. I'm not a liar
2. I have a X04 Dialog and two white Phantoms
3. I'm using Airplay
(16-Dec-2016, 11:42)praetorax Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 11:35)pmichellon Wrote: I discussed several times with the customer and technical support. What they told me is that a few new generation Dialogs were probably shipped (including in French stores) before the DoS update was released. The new Dialog include a hardware update. Combined with the latest DoS update (firmware), Airplay gets activated. You need both: the new generation Dialog and the latest firmware.

Hi pmichellon, I have also just ordered the new generation dialog directly from Devialet. I instalelled it and updated but no Airplay available yet, Devialet support told me that the software for AirPlay isn't ready yet and will come with a later update. That's why I have to suspect everybody is a liar until I see a proof (screenshot).

>>I suspect AudioMark got a new generation Dialog. When he updated the firmware he got Airplay.

This must be the case. I'll post screenshots tomorrow, when I'm home

Devialet Support is wrong. I'll prove it tomorrow by sending three pictures (white Phantom, Dialog X04 and screenshot with Airplay). I installed the new Dialog, updated the system and Airplay was working.

Here's a part of a chat session with Devialet last week (December 7th):

(10:20:02)
Mark: Can you guarantee that two white Phantoms with a new Dialog (serial no ending with X03 or X04) will work with Airplay? I ordered a new one to replace my 'old' Dialog, ending with XTD just to get Airplay.
(10:27:26)
*** Kenny joined the chat ***
(10:27:48)
Kenny: Hello I'm Kenny
(10:28:23)
Kenny: I confirm you that Dialog serial number X03 or X04 are Airplay.
(16-Dec-2016, 13:15)AudioMark Wrote:

Devialet Support is wrong. I'll prove it tomorrow by sending three pictures (white Phantom, Dialog X04 and screenshot with Airplay). I installed the new Dialog, updated the system and Airplay was working.

Mark: Can you guarantee that two white Phantoms with a new Dialog (serial no ending with X03 or X04) will work with Airplay? I ordered a new one to replace my 'old' Dialog, ending with XTD just to get Airplay.

Hi AudioMark, If you indeed prove it with screenshots I will have to sincerely apologise for calling you a liar. 
I also have the new dialog, serial number ending X03, recived this week from Devialet...
(16-Dec-2016, 13:25)praetorax Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:15)AudioMark Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 11:42)praetorax Wrote: Hi pmichellon, I have also just ordered the new generation dialog directly from Devialet. I instalelled it and updated but no Airplay available yet, Devialet support told me that the software for AirPlay isn't ready yet and will come with a later update. That's why I have to suspect everybody is a liar until I see a proof (screenshot).

Hi AudioMark, If you indeed prove it with screenshots I will have to sincerely apologise for calling you a liar. 
I also have the new dialog, serial number ending X03, recived this week from Devialet...

Have you tried a full reset? I followed the following steps. After that the system updated iitself and all worked. Wait to see tomorrow :-)
  • Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
  • After everything is unplugged please WAIT 30 SECONDS.
  • Then, replug the devices in FOLLOWING order:
  • 1/ Internet router, wait that it’s COMPLETELY started
  • 2/ Airport or other wifi router, wait that they are COMPLETELY started
  • 3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
  • 4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.
  • 5/ Wait that the Phantoms are „singing“
  • 6/ Start Spark app and follow EXACTLY the steps shown on Spark
  • 7/ If you have a remote, you can connect it now
(16-Dec-2016, 13:48)AudioMark Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:25)praetorax Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:15)AudioMark Wrote: Devialet Support is wrong. I'll prove it tomorrow by sending three pictures (white Phantom, Dialog X04 and screenshot with Airplay). I installed the new Dialog, updated the system and Airplay was working.

Have you tried a full reset? I followed the following steps. After that the system updated iitself and all worked. Wait to see tomorrow :-)
  • Unplug the ELECTRIC cable of following products: Phantom, Dialog, Internet router, WiFi router or Airport.
  • 3/ Dialog. Wait that the white light becomes stable white. Press 3 times on the white light. It should blink. Wait that the white light becomes stable white.
  • 4/ Your Phantoms. Once plugged, press 3 times on the button of their back. You should hear the sound of a snap and the ears should wiggle. If not, press again 3 times on the button until your hear the sound of a snap.

Thanks for that! I have just received a replacement Dialog and realised that it is Airplay enabled. Excellent.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(16-Dec-2016, 19:03)misterpete Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:48)AudioMark Wrote:
(16-Dec-2016, 13:25)praetorax Wrote: Hi AudioMark, If you indeed prove it with screenshots I will have to sincerely apologise for calling you a liar. 

Thanks for that! I have just received a replacement Dialog and realised that it is Airplay enabled. Excellent.
Screenshots please, I have the new one X03, no AirPlay...
I just received a new Dialog with a serial number ending with x03, updated it with 1.9.3 and after a full reset I now have AirPlay up and running.