Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet into other power amps?
For what it's worth, Devialet's ADH/SAM white paper [PDF] clearly shows the DAC as an integral part of ADH (but it is possibly a moot point).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Jul-2016, 19:27)thumb5 Wrote: For what it's worth, Devialet's ADH/SAM white paper [PDF] clearly shows the DAC as an integral part of ADH (but it is possibly a moot point).

Yes the DAC is as close as possible to the ADH amplifier as they indicate but the preamp out will be between DAC and amp unless there is another unmentioned DAC just for the preamp out.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

My point was that the DAC is /inside/ the box labelled "ADH amplification".

I recall there is another DAC for the preamp out, but I can't remember from where (and may be mistaken).
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(01-Jul-2016, 19:41)thumb5 Wrote: My point was that the DAC is /inside/ the box labelled "ADH amplification".

I recall there is another DAC for the preamp out, but I can't remember from where (and may be mistaken).

Preamp out is a seperate board.  I'm wrong.

f1eng was right their is no point plugging power amps into it then.  My bad.  The preamp out will be something different sounding completely.

I imagine it a convenience thing for subwoofers not ultimate SQ. Thus BrianT's observation makes sense.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

This made a lot of sense, and saved me probably a weekend of headache. Kind of also made up my mind about selling my mono-blocks.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(01-Jul-2016, 19:41)thumb5 Wrote: My point was that the DAC is /inside/ the box labelled "ADH amplification".

Correct, pre amp output run trough Wolfson DAC in class A.
  • Pre-amplified analogue output
    • Set or variable volume
    • Output level up to 4 Vrms
    • Stereo/mono/left/right mixing
    • Available active filtering
    • WM8740 D/A convertor operating at 24 bits/192 kHz
    • Compatible with subwoofer, headphone amplifier, monitoring loop
    • May be activated / deactivated via remote control

... Perhaps for this , most people find best soundin devialet when it work as a system all in one with TI. PCM1792 how main DAC .

All the best.
To get back to the original question, i've had a brief listen to Pass Labs int-250 on Moon 280D/780D dacs, it was brief but pleasant until I looked at the cost...

I will wait for the new Classe Delta range before I move away from Devialet (or not..), soemtime early 2017.
(26-Aug-2016, 17:33)Gomiki Wrote: ... Perhaps for this , most people find best soundin devialet when it work as a system all in one with TI. PCM1792 how main DAC .

All the best.

Agree!

PCM1792 is inside Audio Research CD8 - fantastic CD player. We don't need any new DAC chip. And Devialet Expert is only a good offer when we use it as All in One system.