Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Ensemble review in HFC
There is interesting review of Devialet Ensemble in July HIFI Choice.
(31-May-2014, 00:21)moreno1973 Wrote: There is interesting review of Devialet Ensemble in July HIFI Choice.

Just read the Hi-Fi Choice review of the Devialet Ensemble (Devialet entry-level unit plus Atohm GT1 plus Atohm cables). As I am due to get the GT1s this week to pair with my Devialet 200, I am pretty excited. Hard to believe that, with SAM, this little bookshelf speaker can reach down to 20Hz (from a published 45Hz without SAM). I will post my reactions down the road.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(02-Jun-2014, 12:00)Flashman Wrote: Hard to believe that, with SAM, this little bookshelf speaker can reach down to 20Hz (from a published 45Hz without SAM). I will post my reactions down the road.

That's extraordinary! I'm jealous.
(02-Jun-2014, 12:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote:
(02-Jun-2014, 12:00)Flashman Wrote: Hard to believe that, with SAM, this little bookshelf speaker can reach down to 20Hz (from a published 45Hz without SAM). I will post my reactions down the road.

That's extraordinary! I'm jealous.

Rufus, your system looks terrific, as I have heard wonderful things about Raidho speakers! Me, I am looking to be minimalist and get rid of lots of components, cables, etc. I think the Ensemble is my last step, and one which my wife will applaud! Tongue
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Does anyone on here know the price of the Devialet Ensemble package?

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Jun-2014, 19:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Does anyone on here know the price of the Devialet Ensemble package?

Guillaume

6990 € EURO according this article
http://thestateofsound.net/2014/04/04/de...-splendor/

And new article in French about Devialet
http://www.lefigaro.fr/lifestyle/2014/05...-monde.php
(02-Jun-2014, 19:50)moreno1973 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2014, 19:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Does anyone on here know the price of the Devialet Ensemble package?

Guillaume

6990 € EURO according this article
http://thestateofsound.net/2014/04/04/de...-splendor/

And new article in French about Devialet
http://www.lefigaro.fr/lifestyle/2014/05...-monde.php

Thanks moreno1973!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(02-Jun-2014, 12:00)Flashman Wrote: Hard to believe that, with SAM, this little bookshelf speaker can reach down to 20Hz (from a published 45Hz without SAM).

Can reach frequency response with SAM : 25 Hz (- 3dB)

But this is at - 3dB. Normally measures done by audio press are at - 6dB. So this is a little tricky.
(02-Jun-2014, 20:05)moreno1973 Wrote:
(02-Jun-2014, 12:00)Flashman Wrote: Hard to believe that, with SAM, this little bookshelf speaker can reach down to 20Hz (from a published 45Hz without SAM).

Can reach frequency response with SAM : 25 Hz (- 3dB)

But this is at - 3dB. Normally measures done by audio press are at - 6dB. So this is a little tricky.

Ah, didn't know about -3dB vs -6dB. Thanks for sharing.
I hate to rain on people's parades, but there's a big question mark over distortion at low frequencies with SAM.

Getting a small driver to go down to 25Hz at -3dB has to involve sacrifices somewhere. SAM cannot bend the laws of physics. The likely effect of this deep bass extension with small standmount speakers is relatively high LF distortion.

On the other hand, I can well imagine how SAM could have big benefits for larger speakers in the bass department.

Not knocking SAM: just trying to be realistic.

Still, I'm dead interested to see what SAM will do for the Sonus faber Cremona Auditor Ms which I have in storage!

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London