Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which Devialet?
(01-Jul-2016, 23:21)deviousalet Wrote: Devialet also notes that you can connect your NAS directly to the Devialet if your NAS has USB out.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...from-a-NAS
==============================
Connect your Devialet using a USB 2.0 output
Many NAS or Audio Server are equiped with a USB output. Just connect to the USB input on the Devialet and play your music just as with a UPnP protocol. This solution allows you to listen to what's on the NAS without a computer using any dedicated app on an iPad or Smartphone.
=================================

Does this work now? I thought it wasn't supported yet and it was a mistake it was on their site.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(06-Jul-2016, 08:16)Cylob Wrote:
(01-Jul-2016, 23:21)deviousalet Wrote: Devialet also notes that you can connect your NAS directly to the Devialet if your NAS has USB out.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...from-a-NAS
==============================
Connect your Devialet using a USB 2.0 output
Many NAS or Audio Server are equiped with a USB output. Just connect to the USB input on the Devialet and play your music just as with a UPnP protocol. This solution allows you to listen to what's on the NAS without a computer using any dedicated app on an iPad or Smartphone.
=================================

Does this work now? I thought it wasn't supported yet and it was a mistake it was on their site.

This has been working for a longtime, I tried it with my Synology NAS when I got my first D200 and that is more than 1.5 years ago. Just connect it with USB and I played music with the Synology app on my Android phone.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Ah cool, good to know, thanks!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
This works really well - you can also use convenient apps like the JRiver iPad app to browser your library & play music. QNAP & JRiver provide an excellent & bit perfect sound quality.
It is the USB input on the Dialog for Phantom tat has not been implemented yet. The USB on 120, 200, 250 etc worked from their release and has had a record capability added since.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(05-Jul-2016, 21:26)markush Wrote: Will have a look at the Itona isolator! Thanks for the pointer. How would you rate the SQ improvement?

I find it difficult to put into words but it sounds more "high def", but absolutely worth the price of the Intona, that's for sure!
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hello @Weetabix, I am a new member also and I had a setup similar to yours, basically Tidal -> Linn DSi -> Tannoy XT-6 Revolution, which sounds extremely nice. I got me a Devialet 200 and what I obtained is basically more power, speed and definition. I still have both amps, the Devialet is connected to a pair of Triangle ESPRIT Antal EZ with SAM and I am feeding it with a bunch of sources that go from Devialet AIR through Ethernet to the Linn itself working as a streamer, a Sonos or a Raspberry PI that I run as a Home Server and feed bit-pure streams from it to the async USB of the Devialet.

In essence I have an english sound rig and a french sound rig. The english rig is more colored and softer the french one more detailed and precise. SAM is great and makes my speakers go to 18hz.

I am very happy with the Devialet, but the software seems to be friendlier in the Linn, where you can update / configure things remotely or monitor things like the bit-stream from Kazoo. In the Devialet, you need to upload new configurations via an SD card or you need to monitor bit rate using button pushes on the remote while watching the mini-display on the amp. In the Devialet you also need to figure out the streaming equation as it does not include a streamer as mentioned by @deviousalet.

Cheers.
Amps: Devialet 200, Linn Majik DSi, Pioneer SC-91, Chord Hugo
Speakers: Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2, Tannoy XT6, Triangle Esprit Antal EZ
Headphones: AKG  K-501, Phillips SHP-9500, PSB-M4U, Sony SBH-80, Monster Wireless, Sony MDR-7506, Sennheiser HD 280 Pro
Streamers: Sonos, OS-X Yosemite, El Capitan, High Sierra, Windows-8, Windows-10, Raspberry-Pi
First post here.

I am looking at purchasing a NOS D-Premier with the upgraded USB and Ethernet input board. I noticed an earlier post that mentions a shortage of features on the D-Premier, can someone please highlight the key differences between the D-Premier and D200?

Also, if I purchase this unit I will almost certainly have it upgraded to an Expert Pro 250 with the overall  cost being significantly lower than a new Expert Pro 220. This makes the initial D-Premier purchase very attractive to me, but I'm not familiar enough with the Devialet line to know for sure. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd
(18-Sep-2016, 13:09)toddc2 Wrote: First post here.

I am looking at purchasing a NOS D-Premier with the upgraded USB and Ethernet input board. I noticed an earlier post that mentions a shortage of features on the D-Premier, can someone please highlight the key differences between the D-Premier and D200?

Also, if I purchase this unit I will almost certainly have it upgraded to an Expert Pro 250 with the overall  cost being significantly lower than a new Expert Pro 220. This makes the initial D-Premier purchase very attractive to me, but I'm not familiar enough with the Devialet line to know for sure. Any advice here would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

The upgrade to 250 Pro is a fabulous way to get to the latest v6 hardware. The way you describe the D-Premier, it seems that only the input section was changed previously. This was the "small" upgrade that did not include the v5 DSP board. When you upgrade to Pro everything but the main cabinet is changed so what's in the D-Premier now does not matter. I believe SAM may be missing compared to a D200, but after the upgrade the 250 Pro will be on par with the new 220 Pro in all respects, if not even better..
If the price of the old model is good, go for it!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(18-Sep-2016, 19:06)ogs Wrote: If the price of the old model is good, go for it!

It was and I did! Unit ordered today and I am hoping to have it Wednesday. Thanks for the help.

Todd