Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(01-Feb-2017, 18:23)GuillaumeB Wrote: All new Shunyata cables are shipping in 2 weeks. 

Also the EU Denali has just been announced to all international distributors. This will start shipping soon.

Guillaume

Nice! Been looking at the site of the Dutch distributor frequently. No news on their site yet.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
If you just can't wait for the new cables to be announced on Shunyata's website here's what we know so far:

All cables will be pure OFE C10100 copper in a VTX (hollow core) geometry, so from that alone will be superior to current Z-PC10 and Alpha which are solid core OFE C10100. In addition the new low-profile connector in the EF (extreme flexibility) models will be copper (which the current Alpha is but the Z-PC10 isn't). The EF cables are exactly the same as the NR (noise reduction) except for the low-profile connector on one end which doesn't have space for the noise-reduction circuit. There are no more HC (high current) versions because all are as heavy gauge as the old HC cables, and the improved noise reduction circuit works better for both digital and analog power supplies so there is only one version of NR now. Prices in the US will be:
* Sigma NR 6AWG: VTX, CopperConn, $2995 new
* Sigma EF: 6AWG, VTX, CopperConn, $2500 new
* Alpha NR: 8AWG, VTX, CopperConn, $1495 new
* Alpha EF: 8AWG, VTX, CopperConn, $1200 new
* Delta NR: 10AWG, VTX, CopperConn, $695 new
* Delta EF: 10AWG, VTX, CopperConn, $600 new
So for less money than the Z-PC10 the Delta will be a superior cable and the entire line of EF cables will fit in our Devialet. Go Shunyata! Those of you lucky enough to afford Sigma will be able to put the cover back on your Devialet.

My Shunyata Denali 6000/S arrives today and I'm very excited to buy the new cables in two weeks.
(01-Feb-2017, 20:17)deviousalet Wrote: My Shunyata Denali 6000/S arrives today

Congrats! Got the same here.  Smile

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Thanks. I'm just trying to catch up to you. Now if I would just buy your D-TC. Wink
Have you (or anyone else here) tried Darkz, Stillpoints, or anything else under a Shunyata Denali 6000/S replacing the stock footers, and if so what have you found? Shunyata says that it makes a difference (which is why they put heavy plates and footers under the 6000/T and 2000/T), but I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet.
(01-Feb-2017, 21:27)deviousalet Wrote: Have you (or anyone else here) tried Darkz, Stillpoints, or anything else under a Shunyata Denali 6000/S replacing the stock footers, and if so what have you found? Shunyata says that it makes a difference (which is why they put heavy plates and footers under the 6000/T and 2000/T), but I haven't heard of anyone trying it yet.

At the moment I am using them with Shunyata's own stainless steel ones which seem to work ok.

I will probably try other stuff out once my new rack arrives. At the moment it is sitting on the ground so not ideal. 

I almost went for the tower version but thought the S was a) cheaper and b) easier to transport back to the UK.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(19-Dec-2016, 17:15)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(19-Dec-2016, 03:37)Duomike Wrote: Guilleaume have you tested any of Shunyata's speaker cables? Interested in either the Zitron Pyton or Cobra.

I have only tried the Venom speaker cable. Hoping to get my hands on the new Alpha and Sigma cables in the New Year.

Guillaume

Could you describe how these Venom speaker cables sound? That would be really helpful.

I'm looking for speaker cables that are smooth sounding with body, neutral but without emphasizing the highs or being forward. Does that sound like these speaker cables? I have to buy them unheard, unfortunately.
(12-Feb-2017, 22:08)didge07 Wrote: I have to buy them unheard, unfortunately.

Really? Where are you based?

The Venom speaker cables are perfectly competent and well made cables that are reasonably priced. They come with the (STIS) interchangeable terminals which are handy if you change speakers or other equipment.

I would strongly recommend trying before you buy.

Guillaume

UK
(13-Feb-2017, 13:02)GuillaumeB Wrote:

The Venom speaker cables are perfectly competent and well made cables that are reasonably priced. They come with the (STIS) interchangeable terminals which are handy if you change speakers or other equipment.

Guillaume

I'm in Belgium. It's too small a country to have lots on demo. It's almost impossible to get speakers or cables on demo before buying. But I normally do try before I buy, if I can.
My dealer sells Shunyata but doesn't have any demo Venom speaker cables to try, unfortunately.
I'm interested in them based on what I have heard from other people. I've tried a lot of speaker cables already but find most of them artificial sounding and too bright.

Didge
(14-Feb-2017, 19:47)didge07 Wrote:
(13-Feb-2017, 13:02)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

I'm in Belgium. It's too small a country to have lots on demo. It's almost impossible to get speakers or cables on demo before buying. But I normally do try before I buy, if I can.
My dealer sells Shunyata but doesn't have any demo Venom speaker cables to try, unfortunately.
I'm interested in them based on what I have heard from other people. I've tried a lot of speaker cables already but find most of them artificial sounding and too bright.

Didge

Hi Didge, can I recommend that you make contact with your local distributor? I am sure he should be able to help. I can PM you the details if you are interested. 

Thanks

Guillaume

UK