Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(15-Feb-2017, 14:13)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Feb-2017, 19:47)didge07 Wrote:
(13-Feb-2017, 13:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: Really? Where are you based?

The Venom speaker cables are perfectly competent and well made cables that are reasonably priced. They come with the (STIS) interchangeable terminals which are handy if you change speakers or other equipment.

I would strongly recommend trying before you buy.

Guillaume

I'm in Belgium. It's too small a country to have lots on demo. It's almost impossible to get speakers or cables on demo before buying. But I normally do try before I buy, if I can.
My dealer sells Shunyata but doesn't have any demo Venom speaker cables to try, unfortunately.
I'm interested in them based on what I have heard from other people. I've tried a lot of speaker cables already but find most of them artificial sounding and too bright.

Didge

Hi Didge, can I recommend that you make contact with your local distributor? I am sure he should be able to help. I can PM you the details if you are interested. 

Thanks

Guillaume
Thanks. I'll do that, but local distributor for Belgium means not in the same country, as they're always in the Netherlands.
(17-Feb-2017, 21:54)didge07 Wrote:
(15-Feb-2017, 14:13)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Feb-2017, 19:47)didge07 Wrote: I'm in Belgium. It's too small a country to have lots on demo. It's almost impossible to get speakers or cables on demo before buying. But I normally do try before I buy, if I can.
My dealer sells Shunyata but doesn't have any demo Venom speaker cables to try, unfortunately.
I'm interested in them based on what I have heard from other people. I've tried a lot of speaker cables already but find most of them artificial sounding and too bright.

Didge

Hi Didge, can I recommend that you make contact with your local distributor? I am sure he should be able to help. I can PM you the details if you are interested. 

Thanks

Guillaume
Thanks. I'll do that, but local distributor for Belgium means not in the same country, as they're always in the Netherlands.

LOL! Here in Oz they could be in the same state but still a full day's drive away! Holland isn't that big. It's just a matter of perspective.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Feb-2017, 10:54)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(17-Feb-2017, 21:54)didge07 Wrote:
(15-Feb-2017, 14:13)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Didge, can I recommend that you make contact with your local distributor? I am sure he should be able to help. I can PM you the details if you are interested. 

Thanks

Guillaume

LOL! Here in Oz they could be in the same state but still a full day's drive away! Holland isn't that big. It's just a matter of perspective.
 I know! NO problem for me! It's not about distance, it's about Dutch dealers (and their perspective) not being very willing to lend things when you're not in the Netherlands, especially if it's about a small budget. I've been to Dutch dealers before to demo speakers and not one of them was willing to put a demo pair in my home, not even for 8000 Euros.
Enough said. I'll find a way.
First change on the Dutch importer site. Denali products have been added. Pricing not yet known. Still waiting for them to put the new power cords in the sales list and on the website too. They seem to be using Denali in an audio show next week too.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(18-Feb-2017, 17:48)kerkhoffd Wrote: First change on the Dutch importer site. Denali products have been added. Pricing not yet known. Still waiting for them to put the new power cords in the sales list and on the website too. They seem to be using Denali in an audio show next week too.

I now have all the MRSP pricing for all Shunyata products so it shouldn't be too long now.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Finally I received my Denali 6000 T. This unit is really amazing, Guillaume was right! It was like I listened through a dirty window which has been cleaned and now everything is very clear. Highly recommended.
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(26-Feb-2017, 01:54)Duomike Wrote: Finally I received my Denali 6000 T. This unit is really amazing, Guillaume was right! It was like I listened through a dirty window which has been cleaned and now everything is very clear. Highly recommended.

Congrats!  Smile

Glad to hear you are enjoying it.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
For those interested here is an extract from Shunyata's forthcoming product catalogue (apologies for some of the formatting):

Achievements
a tradition of excellence
Incomparable Achievement
Due to extreme parts customization, patented science and measurable advances in signal transfer, Shunyata Research products have earned applications within many of the world’s finest recording, mastering and film studios, as well as from esteemed surgeons and hospitals that depend on visual imaging and signal resolution. While many high-
end cable and power-product companies point to a media review or magazine award as a sign of accomplishment, Shunyata products have earned global recognition and awards from countless media outlets. Cumulatively, these obvious markers for success place Shunyata Research products in a class by themselves.

Professional Studio, Production and Mastering Endorsements
Recording and Film Studios, Mastering Engineers and Record producers who work at the forefront of their field are meticulous about every detail related to the fidelity of their work. Capturing the essence of a performer or performance is held to the highest standard and every detail is controlled. Shunyata products have been adopted as references within many of the world’s most legendary systems. In terms of proven success, there can be no greater compliment than from those who’s life’s work is related to perfecting their craft.

Shunyata Research Pro Applications
Mobile Fidelity (Sebastopol, Ca.), Astoria UK (Pink Floyd), SkyWalker Sound, Sony Music (Japan), Shangri-la Studio (Rick Rubin), Das Boot Studio (James Guthrie),Peter McGrath (Recording Engineer), Phillips Crest National Studio (Hollywood), New Jersey Philharmonic and many more.

Meaningful Endorsements
Shunyata Research power cables and interconnects made a remarkable difference in my reference system. These are not subtle tweaks— a far bigger difference than any other cables have made and in many cases, as unbelievable as it may seem, a greater improvement than changing the whole front end. I could not recommend them highly enough. Rick Rubin Multiple Grammy-Winning Record Producer
We first put the Shunyata products to test on a monitor system that had problems with noise and clarity. The result was less noise with an improvement in overall sound quality. We now use the HYDRA’s on our Model 2 converters, AES router and main monitor system consisting of B&W 802 speakers and Chord Amps. Clayton Wood Senior Engineer, SkyWalker Sound USA
We were particularly impressed with the sense of phase coherence that Shunyata products delivered, giving noticeably better imaging, depth and clarity. We tried many different areas of our signal path, all benefited. With digital sources it was almost as if we had switched from 44.1k/16 bit to 96k/ 24 bit. We now run all our analogue machines, workstations and the mixing console from the Shunyata equipment. Andy Jackson Senior Mastering Engineer Astoria Studio UK
High-End Media Accolades
Positive reviews and media-awards are meaningful if there is an accumulation of awards from diverse publications
over time. Shunyata products have earned a combined 23 media awards demonstrating consistent results over time. Some of the most recognized high-end audio publications, including The Absolute Sound, The Audio Beat, SoundStage, Stereophile, Hi Fi Technique (Hong Kong), Audio Stream and HiFi Plus (UK) have given Shunyata Research major product awards, including Product Of The Year, multiple times. Editor’s Robert Harley (TAS) Michael Fremer (Stereophile),
Marc Mickelson (TAB) and Lincoln Cheung HiFi Technique (HK) are all regarded as having some of the finest ears in the industry. All of these industry luminaries not only chose Shunyata products, but have used them as their references for more than a decade.

Medical Applications
Due to the success of Shunyata Research technologies in medical systems, a separate, sister-company has been formed, named Clear Image Scientific, or CIS. All products under the name of CIS have been medically certified for sale to medical, military and scientific applications.
Similar to the world’s finest mastering engineer’s, world renowned heart-surgeons and electrophysiology labs strive to stay in control of every variable related to their work, which involves resolution of low-level signals and imaging of the heart. As with all closed-network industries, heart-surgeons share discoveries that are instrumental to better outcomes for their patients. The results gained by using CIS products have been astounding. In many cases where extremely high-measured noise existed, the application of the CIS noise-cancellation system eliminated noise to a point that surpassed the Lab’s own ability to measure noise of any kind. These are not subjective results, but measurable, visible reductions in noise-levels leading to shorter, productive surgical outcomes that affect peoples lives.
Clean and noise free signals are critically important to successful mapping and ablation cases and the improvements offered by the CIS units in our lab has proven to be invaluable. Thank you!
Kent Morris MD Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology Norton Health Care, Louisville
With Clear Image Scientific, the resolution was better by a nice margin than the recording system. Imagine that, signal amplification and processing through the computer was better than through our $75K signal amplifier!
Daniel Melby MD Medical Director, Electrophysiology Lab, Minneapolis Heart Institute
Intercardiac tracings before filter (First Image) 
Significant 60hz noise on (Left) ABL d (heart signal) and baseline noise on all cardiac signals.
Intercardiac tracings with filter (Second Image)
Noise is completely absent on ABL d (heart signal), baseline noise on Cardiac Signal tracings is gone.

Guillaume

UK
I think you copied the wrong pages. The ones you meant to copy were the content about the new cables with pictures of cables, not the marketing fluff with pictures of heartbeats. Of course maybe those pictures are more relevant to those with heart bass implosions.
(02-Mar-2017, 13:03)deviousalet Wrote: I think you copied the wrong pages. The ones you meant to copy were the content about the new cables with pictures of cables, not the marketing fluff with pictures of heartbeats. Of course maybe those pictures are more relevant to those with heart bass implosions.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Tongue

Guillaume

UK