Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(16-Nov-2016, 22:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Also note that there is a brand new IEC design coming out soon which will fit under the lid. This will be a substantial improvement over the existing slim IEC. Hopefully all will be announced in early December.

Guillaume

Any news yet if this IEC can be retro-fitted to the Z-PC10? Would be a shame if that could not be done.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(16-Nov-2016, 23:16)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(16-Nov-2016, 22:31)GuillaumeB Wrote: Also note that there is a brand new IEC design coming out soon which will fit under the lid. This will be a substantial improvement over the existing slim IEC. Hopefully all will be announced in early December.

Guillaume

Any news yet if this IEC can be retro-fitted to the Z-PC10? Would be a shame if that could not be done.

I'm not sure. I did ask about this sort of thing before, my understanding is that the labour costs in re-terminating cables are just too high (everything is hand assembled in the factory), not to mention the shipping costs particularly from Europe. Also one of the points of the new IEC is to be able to fit bigger gauge conductors than that used in the Z-PC10. It's certainly worth asking Shunyata themselves, although not now!! Let's wait for all these new products to be announced first.  Wink I'm already giving too much away!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(16-Nov-2016, 23:27)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Nov-2016, 23:16)kerkhoffd Wrote:

Guillaume

I'm not sure. I did ask about this sort of thing before, my understanding is that the labour costs in re-terminating cables are just too high (everything is hand assembled in the factory), not to mention the shipping costs particularly from Europe. Also one of the points of the new IEC is to be able to fit bigger gauge conductors than that used in the Z-PC10. It's certainly worth asking Shunyata themselves, although not now!! Let's wait for all these new products to be announced first.  Wink I'm already giving too much away!

Guillaume

NP. I will stay quiet until Shunyata reveals the news themselves ;-)
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
This is more for all the Shunyata fans on here... I was talking to Caelin Gabriel last night. He was telling me that the new updated range will be an all-out assault on the competition at every price point. He is incredibly bullish about the new products that are coming.

In particular he was saying that the replacement to the Anaconda signal cables will beat anything out there, irrespective of price! Speaking of the new top of the line speaker cable, in his own words, "there won't be anything that can touch them sonically". Bold claims indeed. Will be interesting to see how they compare to my £17k Transparent Reference XL cable. They will cost a fraction of that, that's for sure.

I also understand that the replacement to the current Sigma power cable will be substantially better than its predecessor, and by some margin. I almost can't really imagine how it could get much better to be honest!

The whole range will see some pretty big improvements and the introduction of some brand new technologies, never before seen.

I already have a prototype of the replacement to the Z-PC10, a cable that was originally designed for the D Premier (and which Caelin still owns). The version that I have here has a Marinco IEC connector (I think!) and not the new "slim" IEC design which I have mentioned before so I think we can expect further improvements. I actually think it's already my favourite power cable in the Shunyata line up! Of course that might change when I hear the new Alphas and Sigmas but given the price point it is already an incredible achievement.

I've also got a Denali here and I would say that this product is revolutionary  Big Grin More about this later...

This is a period of unprecedented creativity at Shunyata and I can't tell you how excited I am. I really hope to be able to make a more detailed announcement in the coming weeks. 

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Amazing review of the new Denali:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/sh...denali.htm

I've got it here and I can honestly say it's the most incredible component i'be ever added to my system. Just unreal. 

Guillaume

UK
Which Denali is suitable for a D440 system?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
It would be great to do a shoot out between the Shunyata Denali and the new Synergistic Research power cell. Both seem to offer better value for money than their predecessors. Both get rave reviews. Most importantly, both claim to have solved the problem of high current delivery to power amplifiers.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3772
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Wow! What a piece of kit. Well out of my price range, but in the grand scheme of things, not horribly expensive. 
I've never heard what a good conditioner and mains cables can do, but I'd love to hear what improvements the Denali could bring to my system. 

How's the dealership network coming along, Guillaume?  Smile
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
From what I've read from Shunyata postings, the 2000T would be ideal for any Devialet dual-mono setup such as the D440: just two high-power outlets without the surge-protection or other circuitry which provides additional functions at the cost of some distortion. I haven't yet tried it yet though, so if anyone has first-hand experience please speak up.

(06-Dec-2016, 01:40)baddog Wrote: Which Denali is suitable for a D440 system?
Thanks - I did some more checking and that is what Shunyata recommends as well.

Wonderful if anyone has experience using these with Devialet and can provide some more insight?  Angel
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US