Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Hope Shunyata releases the news on the range update soon. I have been looking at the Denali too, but if you want to connect a source too, the 6000T looks the part. Pretty expensive though if you just need the one extra current output.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands
(06-Dec-2016, 03:43)deviousalet Wrote: From what I've read from Shunyata postings, the 2000T would be ideal for any Devialet dual-mono setup such as the D440: just two high-power outlets without the surge-protection or other circuitry which provides additional functions at the cost of some distortion. I haven't yet tried it yet though, so if anyone has first-hand experience please speak up.

(06-Dec-2016, 01:40)baddog Wrote: Which Denali is suitable for a D440 system?

The 2000T features 40,000 A surge protection via the Gemini module which is built into the device. It gives you all the performance of the 6000T or S models.

In fact it was pretty much designed with mono blocks in mind. It works brilliantly with the Devialet dual monos.

When I visited Shunyata in October they were running a pair of huge Constellation Audio Centaur 2 mono blocks through it and they sounded utterly amazing.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Dec-2016, 03:25)Axel Wrote: Wow! What a piece of kit. Well out of my price range, but in the grand scheme of things, not horribly expensive. 
I've never heard what a good conditioner and mains cables can do, but I'd love to hear what improvements the Denali could bring to my system. 

How's the dealership network coming along, Guillaume?  Smile

Slowly! I am literally sitting on my hands waiting for this new range to come out. I understand there have been more delays with components stuck in US customs.  Angry

At the moment the Denali is only available with US sockets although it can be specced to 240 V on special order. That's what I am using: a Denali 6000S (240V version). I am told a Schuko version is coming soon although I don't have more details of this yet.

Over the years I've tried many mains conditioning devices but this is something else. Usually they sap the dynamics of your amplifier and give a bit of a synthetic sound. Not the Denali...

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(06-Dec-2016, 11:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 03:25)Axel Wrote: Wow! What a piece of kit. Well out of my price range, but in the grand scheme of things, not horribly expensive. 
I've never heard what a good conditioner and mains cables can do, but I'd love to hear what improvements the Denali could bring to my system. 

Slowly! I am literally sitting on my hands waiting for this new range to come out. I understand there have been more delays with components stuck in US customs.  Angry

At the moment the Denali is only available with US sockets although it can be specced to 240 V on special order. That's what I am using: a Denali 6000S (240V version). I am told a Schuko version is coming soon although I don't have more details of this yet.

Over the years I've tried many mains conditioning devices but this is something else. Usually they sap the dynamics of your amplifier and give a bit of a synthetic sound. Not the Denali...

Guillaume

Hello, Guillaume. Why do you use 6000S instead of 6000T? And have you changed the feets of 6000S to the ones used in 6000T?
(06-Dec-2016, 12:25)G51 Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 11:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

Hello, Guillaume. Why do you use 6000S instead of 6000T? And have you changed the feets of 6000S to the ones used in 6000T?

No real reason other than the 6000S is substantially lighter and easier to carry and a bit cheaper! Yes I've since upgraded the feet (I had a set here so it was a no brainer).

Guillaume

UK
(06-Dec-2016, 03:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote: It would be great to do a shoot out between the Shunyata Denali and the new Synergistic Research power cell. Both seem to offer better value for money than their predecessors. Both get rave reviews. Most importantly, both claim to have solved the problem of high current delivery to power amplifiers.

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3772

There are a few differentiators in favour of the Shunyata - the different size options, the mechanical vibration control built into the the two tower models (which also don't take up any shelf space!), the cable cradle system that holds the connectors in place, and obviously if you go for the 2 outlet tower it is quite a bit cheaper too. Actually all the Denali options are cheaper than the Synergistic product.

But yes I agree it would be interesting to compare the two units.

Guillaume

UK
FWIW - it would appear that a slightly different model will be introduced for the EU, known as the Eiger series.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787638

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787791
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(06-Dec-2016, 17:00)baddog Wrote: FWIW - it would appear that a slightly different model will be introduced for the EU, known as the Eiger series.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787638

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787791

They have decided to stick with the Denali name for the Schuko version. The internals will be slightly different though.

Guillaume

UK
(06-Dec-2016, 13:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 03:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote: It would be great to do a shoot out between the Shunyata Denali and the new Synergistic Research power cell. Both seem to offer better value for money than their predecessors. Both get rave reviews. Most importantly, both claim to have solved the problem of high current delivery to power amplifiers.

There are a few differentiators in favour of the Shunyata - the different size options, the mechanical vibration control built into the the two tower models (which also don't take up any shelf space!), the cable cradle system that holds the connectors in place, and obviously if you go for the 2 outlet tower it is quite a bit cheaper too. Actually all the Denali options are cheaper than the Synergistic product.

Guillaume

The mayor differences between Shunyata and Synergistic is that Shunyata doesn't sell (or tries to sell because who would buy that stuff) UEF acoustic dots, black boxes, atmospheric tuning devices etc. That sort of nonsense puts me off trusting anything from them (Synergistic). Have a look at below Youtube video that Synergistic's site links to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQj7Er1F...e=youtu.be

It's hard to watch. Be warned.  Big Grin
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(07-Dec-2016, 02:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 13:23)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume

The mayor differences between Shunyata and Synergistic is that Shunyata doesn't sell (or tries to sell because who would buy that stuff) UEF acoustic dots, black boxes, atmospheric tuning devices etc. That sort of nonsense puts me off trusting anything from them (Synergistic). Have a look at below Youtube video that Synergistic's site links to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQj7Er1F...e=youtu.be

It's hard to watch. Be warned.  Big Grin
My major argument with Shunyata is their continual recyclying of the product line.  Since I became aware of this group they have had far too many interations of their product line.  Then there is this iconic magic/mythic founder thing with Calien (spelling may be wrong). These price points are just too dear to invest in just to see that within a year or so your "investment" is so far less than your original purchase price.
No doubt they sound great but when looking at the internals of a Denali, one wonders.  Change one letter then it's denial