Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(07-Dec-2016, 05:41)Wdw Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 02:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 13:23)GuillaumeB Wrote: There are a few differentiators in favour of the Shunyata - the different size options, the mechanical vibration control built into the the two tower models (which also don't take up any shelf space!), the cable cradle system that holds the connectors in place, and obviously if you go for the 2 outlet tower it is quite a bit cheaper too. Actually all the Denali options are cheaper than the Synergistic product.

But yes I agree it would be interesting to compare the two units.

Guillaume

The mayor differences between Shunyata and Synergistic is that Shunyata doesn't sell (or tries to sell because who would buy that stuff) UEF acoustic dots, black boxes, atmospheric tuning devices etc. That sort of nonsense puts me off trusting anything from them (Synergistic). Have a look at below Youtube video that Synergistic's site links to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQj7Er1F...e=youtu.be

It's hard to watch. Be warned.  Big Grin
My major argument with Shunyata is their continual recyclying of the product line.  Since I became aware of this group they have had far too many interations of their product line.  Then there is this iconic magic/mythic founder thing with Calien (spelling may be wrong). These price points are just too dear to invest in just to see that within a year or so your "investment" is so far less than your original purchase price.
No doubt they sound great but when looking at the internals of a Denali, one wonders.  Change one letter then it's denial

Well, there goes my argument FOR Shunyata  Huh
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(06-Dec-2016, 17:11)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(06-Dec-2016, 17:00)baddog Wrote: FWIW - it would appear that a slightly different model will be introduced for the EU, known as the Eiger series.

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787638

http://www.audioaficionado.org/shunyata-...post787791

They have decided to stick with the Denali name for the Schuko version. The internals will be slightly different though.

Guillaume

Further updates from Caelin, posted on same as previous source.

We have decided not to rebadge the Denali for Europe. The EU Denali will also be called Denali. Although there are many internal differences - the chassis of the EU Denali will be the same as the US version except for the back panel, of course.

We will also offer all three models for the EU: D6000/T, D6000/S and D2000/T

Since DC offset is a big problem in Europe: The EU Denali may be offered with an optional DC Blocker circuit.

We have prototypes of the EU Denali in the process of being CE certified. We anticipate shipping EU Denali early next year.

--and--

Some EU countries have two energized lines instead of a hot and a neutral. In the US we have a L1(hot) and an L2(neutral). In some other countries there is a L1(hot) and L2(hot) lines. Additionally, the Schuko connector can be arbitrarily flipped as to oriemtation. This necessitates double the number of MED filters for the EU models. In addition the EU models have single outlets as opposed to duplex outlets which makes wiring more difficult amd complex.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(07-Dec-2016, 06:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 05:41)Wdw Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 02:10)Pim van Vliet Wrote: The mayor differences between Shunyata and Synergistic is that Shunyata doesn't sell (or tries to sell because who would buy that stuff) UEF acoustic dots, black boxes, atmospheric tuning devices etc. That sort of nonsense puts me off trusting anything from them (Synergistic). Have a look at below Youtube video that Synergistic's site links to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQj7Er1F...e=youtu.be

It's hard to watch. Be warned.  Big Grin
My major argument with Shunyata is their continual recyclying of the product line.  Since I became aware of this group they have had far too many interations of their product line.  Then there is this iconic magic/mythic founder thing with Calien (spelling may be wrong). These price points are just too dear to invest in just to see that within a year or so your "investment" is so far less than your original purchase price.
No doubt they sound great but when looking at the internals of a Denali, one wonders.  Change one letter then it's denial

That's strange I always thought Shunyata products did rather well on the S/H market. A few have been sold on here and have seemed to fetch reasonable values.

As to the constant recycling of the product line I think this reflects having a designer/inventor/mad scientist (Sorry Caelin!) at the helm of the company. He is constantly thinking about ways of improving his products and making them more accessible. With that said my understanding is that their product life cycles typically last 3 years or so. Isn't this the same with many other companies including Devialet? 

As to the Denali I have seen what's inside them. They are beautifully built using the highest quality materials. In fact build quality is to my mind what separates Shunyata from many other companies. Everything about their products oozes quality. Each Denali contains medical grade CCI filters, Gemini surge control module, and a NIC v2 (Noise Isolation Chamber) in addition to the QR/BB technology that dramatically reduces dynamic compression. The best quality 8 gauge wiring and copperCONN outlets are used too, not to mention hydraulic electromagnetic breakers and Hubbel IEC 20 inlets!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(07-Dec-2016, 13:02)eGuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 06:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 05:41)Wdw Wrote: My major argument with Shunyata is their continual recyclying of the product line.  Since I became aware of this group they have had far too many interations of their product line.  Then there is this iconic magic/mythic founder thing with Calien (spelling may be wrong). These price points are just too dear to invest in just to see that within a year or so your "investment" is so far less than your original purchase price.

That's strange I always thought Shunyata products did rather well on the S/H market. A few have been sold on here and have seemed to fetch reasonable values.

As to the constant recycling of the product line I think this reflects having a designer/inventor/mad scientist (Sorry Caelin!) at the helm of the company. He is constantly thinking about ways of improving his products and making them more accessible. With that said my understanding is that their product life cycles typically last 3 years or so. Isn't this the same with many other companies including Devialet? 

As to the Denali I have seen what's inside them. They are beautifully built using the highest quality materials. In fact build quality is to my mind what separates Shunyata from many other companies. Everything about their products oozes quality. Each Denali contains medical grade CCI filters, Gemini surge control module, and a NIC v2 (Noise Isolation Chamber) in addition to the QR/BB technology that dramatically reduces dynamic compression. The best quality 8 gauge wiring and copperCONN outlets are used too, not to mention hydraulic electromagnetic breakers and Hubbel IEC 20 inlets!

Guillaume
Very interesting read re Denali. I'm about to order the 6000S from the local dealer here who gave me a very good offer. Just need to find a 20A IEC plug to hook it up to my dedicated line which directly connects my current conditioner to the breaker panel
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(09-Dec-2016, 10:53)Duomike Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 13:02)eGuillaumeB Wrote:
(07-Dec-2016, 06:07)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Well, there goes my argument FOR Shunyata  Huh

Guillaume
Very interesting read re Denali. I'm about to order the 6000S from the local dealer here who gave me a very good offer. Just need to find a 20A IEC plug to hook it up to my dedicated line which directly connects my current conditioner to the breaker panel

Very cool. Mine is also connected to a dedicated line and panel.

Be prepared to be utterly amazed. Mine has completely transformed my system. There is a sense of additional power that is just unreal. I could go on and on but it's best if others try it out for themselves.

I'm just sorry there are no plans for a UK version.  Sad

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Unfortunately I have to wait 4 weeks for the unit to arrive so it will take a while until I can report my impressions here.
Guess I do not really need a sense of additional power since I use my 200 in the 30 watt setting
and at minus 10 I get roughly 100 db with my horns. No doubt the unit will improve
other things as well.

Michael
Highly modded avantgarde omega duos, slightly modded d200, d-sonics m3 800 s class d amp to drive the subs of my duos, all equipment on silent running audio platforms. 
DCS Network bridge connected with AQ diamond to Router and with special Belden 1694a digital cable (cable is cryoed, mechanical damped and using very high quality solder to KLEI Harmony Bullet plug)
S/C is Shunyata biwire Delta, 2 Delta p/c on the bridge and bass amp, Synergestic dev p/c on the 200, all connected to Shunyata Denali power conditioner
(09-Dec-2016, 13:05)Duomike Wrote: Unfortunately I have to wait 4 weeks for the unit to arrive so it will take a while until I can report my impressions here.
Guess I do not really need a sense of additional power since I use my 200 in the 30 watt setting
and at minus 10 I get roughly 100 db with my horns. No doubt the unit will improve
other things as well.

Michael

That should be interesting and I look forward to hearing your impressions. In Seattle I saw a Denali 2000T being used with an Ayon Crossfire amplifier and high sensitivity Sound Kaos speakers, it also had quite a profound effect there.

Cheers

Guillaume

UK
(14-Nov-2016, 15:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: Anyway I will probably get into trouble for saying this! I should have more news in early December.

TAS let the cat out of the bag so you can now discuss the new series. In the 2016 cables guide at http://www.theabsolutesound.com/ it says

The Absolute Sound Wrote:Shunyata Research Delta, Alpha, and Sigma “NR” Power Cords
Shunyata Research introduces a new generation in noise-canceling technology within its Delta, Alpha, and Sigma NR (Noise Reduction) power cord range. Each of the three models contains new filter technologies that measurably eliminate noise at the source—the components themselves. Starting with the Delta model, this new range of power cords captures power-supply-generated noise that can improve system resolution and performance. Whether they are applied to audio, medical, recording, or film systems, the power cords in this new range can act as independent power filters for each component. The Delta, Alpha, and Sigma NR power cord models contain explainable, measurable science that can enhance the performance of any component to which they are applied, whether the electronics are digital, analog, or high-current.
Prices: Delta NR Power Cord 1.8m, $695; Alpha NR power cord 1.8m, $1495; Sigma NR power cord 1.8m, $2995. shunyata.com

Over at http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread...e96ccdb0de  Caelin Gabriel (the president of Shunyata Research) wrote:

Caelin Gabriel Wrote:All will feature VTX (hollow tube) conductors and CopperCONN connectors (pure copper contacts).
There will be two versions for each model. NR versions have built-in CCI noise filters that intercept noise from the connected component. EF versions are designed for "extreme flexibility" for easy routing in custom cabinets and for components that have obstructed power entry issues. EF versions do not contain noise reduction CCI filters.

NR - Noise Reduction models have been simplified so that separate digital, analog or HC versions are no lomger needed. Each model is designed for high current applications and the CCI filters have been redesigned so that they work well with all component types.

RE DELTA PC: The Delta cable will be priced at US$700. It has 10 gauge VTX conductors and includes our exclusive CopperCONN connectors. Yes, it is superior in performance compared to the Viper.

RE Alpha & Sigma PCs: The new versions of the Alpha and Sigma cables have minor performance and specification changes. The performance of both is quite similar to existing models. The cosmetics of the Alpha NR will be improved, more like the existing Sigma cable.

All of these reference level power cables will be conditioned through our KPIP Processor.
Going for a 3 hour wintery drive Saturday morning to pick up a Denali 2000T. Might grab a Venum PS8 for the rest of my components.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Will be interesting to hear back from you Dr Tone about the Denali 2000T. This looks like a great product when using a Devialet 400 too. Just not sure how to connect it when using a separate source. I have just one dedicated power line and the power block is connected to that feeling both Devialets and the Linn at this time. Probably need to go for the 6000T in my case then.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands