Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality
(19-Jul-2016, 11:26)BrianT Wrote:
(19-Jul-2016, 10:19)audio_engr Wrote: Hi Brian :

1. Definitely the walkthru for AIR needs to be a sticky !!

2. I was expecting the move to AQ Diamond ... but a ques here ... Why AQ Diamond ?  There are soooooo many nice digital cables out there ... I for one, am a big fan of XLO from the days of its founder Roger Skoff in the '90s. I would probably lean towards finding a Neutrik NA2MPMF (RCA female to XLR male) adapter and trying out the XLO digital cable off my CD transport in place of the stock Devialet one some time soon ... 

-- Arup

Aurp

No particular reason for looking at the AQ SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable, I just like AQ cables, especially the Diamond line as they are solid silver.
The only other SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable I would look at would be the Audience SX cable, but thats real $$$ around $1400.00 usd
I'm glad you managed to get both Audirvana and Air working the same day, that makes for a real good day   Cool

Brian

And a BIG thank you to you for making my day with the "ill-fated" AIR 3.0 .. and I managed to get both WiFi & ETH going ... 

Q :  Is AIR 3.0 beta really better than the earlier 2.1.3 ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
For me  Audirvana with Air 3.0 beta works also perfect. 

I am interesting to share the experience with the filter approach of Audirvana. I actual use the standard approach without upsampling, but I'm not shure if it is the best approach.

I think the DAC of my D400 works better than Audirvana.
So let us find out the best filter approach in combination with Air. May be by using USB other filter approach is nessesary.
D440 Pro CI; TAD E1 TX; Innuos Zenith MK 3, Acoustic Revive Cable