Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation of Audirvana for best sound quality
(18-Jul-2016, 14:11)Dr Tone Wrote: I see your changes helped Audirvana see the Devialet for it's full sample rate offering.  Nice!

Thank you Dr Tone. Yes, upon re-doing the settings, it recognised Devialet. 

However - with AIR 3.0 beta and ETH, I am unable to get Audirvana stream. iTunes is streaming but NOT Audirvana ...

What could be the issue ?  Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(18-Jul-2016, 15:22)audio_engr Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 14:11)Dr Tone Wrote: I see your changes helped Audirvana see the Devialet for it's full sample rate offering.  Nice!

However - with AIR 3.0 beta and ETH, I am unable to get Audirvana stream. iTunes is streaming but NOT Audirvana ...

Thanks in advance ...

Air is a bastard child of Devialet.  If USB works for you, use it.

One of these centuries Devialet will find a way to walk away from it without incurring financial hardship.  Until then they'll keep making broken promises to fix it.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(18-Jul-2016, 16:04)Dr Tone Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 15:22)audio_engr Wrote:

Thanks in advance ...

Air is a bastard child of Devialet.  If USB works for you, use it.

One of these centuries Devialet will find a way to walk away from it without incurring financial hardship.  Until then they'll keep making broken promises to fix it.

absolutely correct & well said ...   Hope some @$$ wakes up at Devialet Tech thru our petition ... 

if not, then we're doomed & will have to stick to USB so long that works.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(18-Jul-2016, 16:11)audio_engr Wrote: absolutely correct & well said ...   Hope some @$$ wakes up at Devialet Tech thru our petition ... 

if not, then we're doomed & will have to stick to USB so long that works.

Glad my pictures helped, and you have got Air 3 beta working on USB.

If I have time tonight, I will put together walk though of how to set up ethernet on air 3 beta
then you can give it a try and see if it works.

Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

Audio_Engr

This is how my Air 3 beta Ethernet is set up, I have had no problems for over 5 weeks with this set up.

1) Go to the Devialet Configurator, open the Ethernet preferences.
Turn DHCP off
put in a fixed ip address, I use 169.254.200.24
save it and load it to your Dev.

2) Turn your Dev on and select Ethernet

3) On your Mac, open System Preferences, then open Network Preferences, select Ethernet
Change Configure IPv4: to "Using DHCP with manual address"
I use 169.254.200.12
The first 3 numbers are the same as on the Dev, only the last number is different.
Keep System Preferences open.

4) Open Sound Preferences, and select "Devialet Air" as the output 

5) Open Audirvana Plus Preferences, select Audio Tab
Preferred Audio Device        select "Devialet Air"

6) Start Air 3 beta, select "My Devialet-ETH"

All should be working fine.

Good Luck Brian
Vinnie Rossi L2iSE integrated amp, VPI Classic TurnTable c/w Transfiguration Phoenix Cart, 
Auralic Aries G2, Audience Front Row USB cable, B&W 803D3 (black) Audience Front Row Bi wire speaker cables, 
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(18-Jul-2016, 22:56)BrianT Wrote: Audio_Engr

This is how my Air 3 beta Ethernet is set up, I have had no problems for over 5 weeks with this set up.

Turn DHCP off

3) On your Mac, open System Preferences, then open Network Preferences, select Ethernet
I use 169.254.200.12
The first 3 numbers are the same as on the Dev, only the last number is different.

Good Luck Brian

THANK YOU ....   I am giving it a shot as soon as I can ... 

You are a great-great help !!

Much obliged and deeply appreciated .. Hope am successful .. Will report as soon as I hit success ... Stay tuned !!
(18-Jul-2016, 22:56)BrianT Wrote: Audio_Engr

Turn DHCP off

I use 169.254.200.12

Good Luck Brian

Voila !!   It works and does sound much cleaner than the USB. 

A BIG thank you for this BrianT. Sincerely appreciated ... 

=================================================

Howz the Audioprana cable working for you ?  I've the stock Devialet one & am contemplating to go the S/PDIF to AES-EBU route
(18-Jul-2016, 23:31)audio_engr Wrote: Voila !!   It works and does sound much cleaner than the USB. 

Howz the Audioprana cable working for you ?  I've the stock Devialet one & am contemplating to go the S/PDIF to AES-EBU route

Arup

I'm so glad it worked for you! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The Audioprana is fine, it changed the sound a lot for the better over the stock Crystal cable.
if I could afford it and I have been thinking about selling the Audioprana
I would replace it with the Audioquest Diamond version.

Maybe the mod's should made my Ethernet walkthrough a sticky somewhere i'm sure other people are having the same problem.

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.                                                                                      

(18-Jul-2016, 23:54)BrianT Wrote:
(18-Jul-2016, 23:31)audio_engr Wrote: Voila !!   It works and does sound much cleaner than the USB. 

Arup

I'm so glad it worked for you! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

The Audioprana is fine, it changed the sound a lot for the better over the stock Crystal cable.
if I could afford it and I have been thinking about selling the Audioprana
I would replace it with the Audioquest Diamond version.

Maybe the mod's should made my Ethernet walkthrough a sticky somewhere i'm sure other people are having the same problem.

Brian

Hi Brian :

1. Definitely the walkthru for AIR needs to be a sticky !!

2. I was expecting the move to AQ Diamond ... but a ques here ... Why AQ Diamond ?  There are soooooo many nice digital cables out there ... I for one, am a big fan of XLO from the days of its founder Roger Skoff in the '90s. I would probably lean towards finding a Neutrik NA2MPMF (RCA female to XLR male) adapter and trying out the XLO digital cable off my CD transport in place of the stock Devialet one some time soon ... 

-- Arup
(19-Jul-2016, 10:19)audio_engr Wrote: Hi Brian :

1. Definitely the walkthru for AIR needs to be a sticky !!

2. I was expecting the move to AQ Diamond ... but a ques here ... Why AQ Diamond ?  There are soooooo many nice digital cables out there ... I for one, am a big fan of XLO from the days of its founder Roger Skoff in the '90s. I would probably lean towards finding a Neutrik NA2MPMF (RCA female to XLR male) adapter and trying out the XLO digital cable off my CD transport in place of the stock Devialet one some time soon ... 

-- Arup

Aurp

No particular reason for looking at the AQ SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable, I just like AQ cables, especially the Diamond line as they are solid silver.
The only other SP/DIF -AES/EBU cable I would look at would be the Audience SX cable, but thats real $$$ around $1400.00 usd
I'm glad you managed to get both Audirvana and Air working the same day, that makes for a real good day   Cool

Brian
6 x OREA Bronze Footers.
                                                                 Ottawa, Canada.