Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nordost Qv2 AC LINE HARMONIZER
Has anyone given this product a try along with their Devialet.  A snipt of the review for the above product, "The effect in terms of improved focus and depth was easily audible as was the improvement in the harmonic structure of instruments, particularly in the midrange, and the lowering of the noise floor. Insertion of a second QV2 further enhanced each of these areas."

Full review at:
http://www.dagogo.com/nordost-qrt-system-review/2 

Retail price £299. Curious to know if it makes any difference to the Devialet sound?
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
(18-Jul-2016, 15:52)helloworld1978 Wrote: Has anyone given this product a try along with their Devialet.  A snipt of the review for the above product, "The effect in terms of improved focus and depth was easily audible as was the improvement in the harmonic structure of instruments, particularly in the midrange, and the lowering of the noise floor. Insertion of a second QV2 further enhanced each of these areas."

Full review at:
http://www.dagogo.com/nordost-qrt-system-review/2 

Retail price £299. Curious to know if it makes any difference to the Devialet sound?

Nordost Qv2 with Devialet 400

I have 2 Qv2 plugged into a dedicated circuit outlet (using a high quality cube tap) which also powers a PS Audio P5 that provides power to: Devialet master, Mac Mini, Lacie hard drive' and 2 Synergistic Tranquility Bases.  The companion Devialet is about 11 feet away and plugged into another dedicated circuit, but without a Qv2.

The Qv2 makes a slight difference- perceptible but not dramatic- in the form of a quieter perceived background.  Incidentally, all audio circuits terminate at a dedicated breaker box which has extensive grounding through 10 foot copper ground rods.  The rods are timer irrigated as necessary to provide relatively constant moisture in the ground.  The cumulative effect of these measures is a very quiet background
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
I am surprised that SQ with the regenrator P5 unit along with Nordost Qv2 is different..
I thought that regenrators basically put the system to the ground zero and other power tweaks do not influence SQ any longer..
interesting !
(21-Jul-2016, 00:43)johnsap Wrote: I am surprised that SQ with the regenrator P5 unit along with Nordost Qv2 is different..
I thought that regenrators basically put the system to the ground zero and other power tweaks do not influence SQ any longer..
interesting !

The Qv2s are before the P5.  They are plugged into the outlet powering the PS Audio power base, which in turn powers the P5.  In this configuration the Qv2 also impacts the router, which is plugged into the outlet in the power base, in addition to the P5. The router noticeably benefits.
PS Audio P20 (2) and Power Bases (2), Aurender ACS10, Devialet 400, Martin Logan Neolith, Audioquest Wild & Diamond, Synergistic: Tranq  Base, FEQ, HFT, Black Box, Active Ground Block, Devialet Special Cords, Dedicated 20 amp circuits, Cryoed Romex.
Does anyone have experience with Ansuz Mainz8 ?

How is it performing in comparison to Nordost Qv2 ?
I am using the Ansuz Mainz8 + some of the Ansuz cabling with my devialet 200.
Works well, large and deep soundstage, very quiet background and great dynamics.

Cannot tell you the comparison to the Nordost Qv2 as I have not tried it in my system
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(25-Jul-2016, 11:44)Mimprezap2 Wrote: I am using the Ansuz Mainz8 + some of the Ansuz cabling with my devialet 200.
Works well, large and deep soundstage, very quiet background and great dynamics.

Cannot tell you the comparison to the Nordost Qv2 as I have not tried it in my system

Does Mainz8 help if there is only one connection from it?
E.g if to use it not as a distributor but a box with only one Devialet out?..