Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set Speaker Output Impedence?
How do I set the output impedance of the speaker terminals to match my 6ohm speaker?

I have Raidho D1 w/ a New Devialet D200
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable
That's not possible - only the power!

Sent by iPad
As Elztalbiker said, you can't configure the output impedance. In general, audio power amplifiers are designed to have very low output impedance compared to the speakers, rather than to match them.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
As above mate,

I think you might have come from a tube amp. I know some of them have different connections on the output transformer for different impedances.

In your case; Just plug, play and enjoy Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(20-Jul-2016, 01:48)sfjain Wrote: How do I set the output impedance of the speaker terminals to match my 6ohm speaker?

I have Raidho D1 w/ a New Devialet D200

Just plug and play so to say.

Dont forget to get the SAM profile for the Raidhos in the configurator.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Thx all. One less thing for me to worry...
Pim thx,  I was coming from a tube... an ARC VSi60.  Prior to that a couple of Mcintosh SS amps all of which though had different terminals for 4 and 8,  sometimes 2 ohms...

Sam
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable
(20-Jul-2016, 09:28)sfjain Wrote: Thx all. One less thing for me to worry...
Pim thx,  I was coming from a tube... an ARC VSi60.  Prior to that a couple of Mcintosh SS amps all of which had different terminals for 4 and 8,  sometimes 2 ohms...

Sam

I knew it!
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
sfjain

Mildly interesting point: Devialet rates the power of its amplifiers into 6 ohm loads, so you're as well positioned as anyone in terms of power and impedance.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada