• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Firmware 10.0.2 is now available for download
(22-Jul-2016, 18:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: FIRMWARE V10.0.2

- Support of the new Expert Pro line 
- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Thank You for info. You are the Best!
(22-Jul-2016, 22:31)moreno1973 Wrote: Hello.

I found one strange thing when using new firmware 10.0.2. Is there anybody who can verify my situation.

When I press ,,source" button for a bit longer, then i see on display frequency for exemple 44.1 and then Devialet turn off and restart. With firmware 9 I didn't have this problem...after displaying me actual frequency it displayed me name of my SAMed loudspeakers.

So on long press of the source button your amp is rebooting?

Maybe try to load the firmware again.  Did you create a new config file as well? Sometimes that's required with a new firmware or it gets buggy.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(22-Jul-2016, 22:22)Confused Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 19:19)Cylob Wrote: Doesn't beat 7.1.3 firmware for me. Too bad, because I don't like using such an old firmware.
The bass is too controlled with 10.0.2 for me. A lot of the warmth in the lows and mids are gone.
Airiness and brightness of 10.0.2 seem fine though, maybe a bit brighter I would say (which I don't need). Have to A/B that a bit more.
But a big no on the bass / warmth of the low & mids for me, that's for sure.

Don't like the new display either. The circle of dots when loading is replaced by a horizontal bar that fills up.
Also the 200 of the model has a much smaller font now and feels tiny.
The circle of dots that represent the volume is made of more dots now.
All feels less designed like it did before.

I'm back on 7.1.3!

Interesting comments Cylob.  Can you explain what you mean by bass being 'too controlled'?  In the context you have written this, it is clearly a negative for you, but 'too controlled' sounds like a positive to me!  How can you have too much control of the bass?  I know that describing listening experiences in words is incredibly difficult to do (I'm rubbish at it!), I am just trying to understand this one.

I'm not sure if Cylob uses SAM but I would have to think that SAM v2 must the be the major factor that he doesn't like.  Didn't we get SAM v2 in 8.x?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(22-Jul-2016, 22:37)Dr Tone Wrote:

I found one strange thing when using new firmware 10.0.2. Is there anybody who can verify my situation.

When I press ,,source" button for a bit longer, then i see on display frequency for exemple 44.1 and then Devialet turn off and restart. With firmware 9 I didn't have this problem...after displaying me actual frequency it displayed me name of my SAMed loudspeakers.

Maybe try to load the firmware again.  Did you create a new config file as well? Sometimes that's required with a new firmware or it gets buggy.

Yes on Long press of the source button my amp is rebooting. The name of my loudspeakers is very Long, and with 9 firmware when it displayed it freezed some letters...but now with 10 it just rebooting...

Please be so kind to check it with Your 200...

Changing sources with short press of source button is ok. No problem.

I created new config.
(22-Jul-2016, 22:52)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:37)Dr Tone Wrote:

Yes on Long press of the source button my amp is rebooting. The name of my loudspeakers is very Long, and with 9 firmware when it displayed it freezed some letters...but now with 10 it just rebooting...

I created new config.

Sorry I'm not in a big hurry to put v10 on as it has no new features I'd want to try.

Dunno how/why but 10.0.2 is the single biggest improvement to my modified 200 since I stumbled onto 7.1.3 last summer and modified the 200! I mean H-U-G-E & everywhere, ie; hi's, lows, mids, depth/height, power, articulation and soundstage... no one's happier/more surprised than me!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
(22-Jul-2016, 22:55)Manoet Wrote: Dunno how/why but 10.0.2 is the single biggest improvement to my modified 200 since I stumbled onto 7.1.3 last summer and modified the 200! I mean H-U-G-E  & everywhere, ie; hi's, lows, mids, depth/height, power, articulation and soundstage... no one's happier/more surprised than me!

That's better and should get the install ball rolling!  Big Grin

(22-Jul-2016, 22:55)Dr Tone Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:52)moreno1973 Wrote:
(22-Jul-2016, 22:37)Dr Tone Wrote: So on long press of the source button your amp is rebooting?

I created new config.

Sorry I'm not in a big hurry to put v10 on as it has no new features I'd want to try.

Crazy Man! Think of those minor display modifications you're missing out on!

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Jul-2016, 18:40)Dr Tone Wrote: Well that's 2 firmware major number increases now with no significant improvements or features for regular D120,D200,D400,D800 users.

That's what I was thinking.

I know Apple often do it - tie in new hardware release dates to that of a new OS (or vice versa) - but they would at least write a new OS, not just rebrand the existing one a slap a new version number on it and say 'now works with our new models'.

Wouldn't the norm make this release something like 8.4? With the OdA added in on 8.3.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(22-Jul-2016, 18:02)GuillaumeB Wrote: FIRMWARE V10.0.2

- Support of the new Expert Pro line 
- New graphical chart
- Original d’Atelier reaches 1000 Watts of power

Guillaume

Can you link to it please, I'm having difficulty finding it,
theaudioguru
Devialet 400 ,Magico S3, Aurender N100, Mac Mini + Amarra + Geekperfect, Vpi Avenger with 3D Arm, ortofon cadenza bronze, Ortofon Royal Spu Nude,
Sonos.