- Devialet 120
- Vivid Audio B1
Running iMac, Audirvana+ and streaming via wifi over Air3Beta

[Image: 86EDAD79-9329-45F4-8980-A85DEFE0A00D_zpsmlf6c2pv.jpg]

[Image: ACD770D9-1142-41AD-95C5-61B970AD4A2F_zpsg4e7eoqr.jpg]

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
Welcome to the forum Drifter.

This is the first time I've seen dust covers on Vivid B1's. I didn't even know they existed.

I also see you have them set up with quite a bit of toe in as per Vivid recommendation. Have you tried different ways? Vivid seems to be a bit on their own in this regard and I would be interested to find out what is so different about Vivid speakers that makes them work better this way.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Jul-2016, 21:59)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Welcome to the forum Drifter.

This is the first time I've seen dust covers on Vivid B1's. I didn't even know they existed.

I also see you have them set up with quite a bit of toe in as per Vivid recommendation. Have you tried different ways? Vivid seems to be a bit on their own in this regard and I would be interested to find out what is so different about Vivid speakers that makes them work better this way.

Cheers,

Pim

TAD are similar with regards to toe in.
Is it the marble under the B1?
All the Vivid speakers have covers. The implementation thereof on the B1's is not the most elegant or practical solution so I think that is why many people leave them off.
Vivid actually recommends quite a severe toe-in i.e. speakers cross in front of the listening position. Currently mine is set up to cross 30 cm's behind the listening position.

Speakers are on 2 granite plinths to lift them off the wooden floor.

Cape Town, South Africa
Nice & worm look!
Welcome
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

So I upgraded from the Vivid Audio B1's to the B1 Decades.
The change was profound to say the least. The Decades are simply amazing.
The combination with the 220PRO is an amazing match. Air over wifi via Roon is rock solid.

[Image: IMG_2605.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2606.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2607.jpg]

Cape Town, South Africa
Looks like a beautiful finish (and a lovely colour) on your new B1 Decades. Very nice!
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Welcome to the club! Smile
Audience aR-6 TSS / Melco N1ZH / Audio Research CD5 / D400 / Vivid B1D
Synergistic Research Atmosphere / SR Element C.T.S.
Room treatment done.
It took me ages before I found something that my wife was prepared to accept.
The improvement is amazing.

[Image: IMG-3901.jpg]

[Image: IMG-3902.jpg]

Cape Town, South Africa