Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Toslink input flashing.
Hello,

I have hooked up my TV setup box with toslink cable to the toslink input of my 200 and this worked just fine before. I have not used it for awhile and now when I try to play back via toslink the input on my 200 is flashing but no sound. When I remove the cable the input indicator changes to red. There are no options in the setup box and it should just work.

Does anybody know why the flashing input indicator means? I look for the manual of the manula of the firmware but was not able to find the answer to my question.

Best regards,

Willem.
Are you sure the TV is outputting PCM?

Check the TV sound menu
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(23-Jul-2016, 19:49)canyelles Wrote: Are you sure the TV is outputting PCM?

Check the TV sound menu

Thanks for your reply. Like I mentioned, there are no settings in the setup box, the toslink output is "always on". I can even see light in the cable.
Wild educated guess is that the cable box is outputting Dolby digital and not stereo pcm. There has to be a settings menu somewhere. If not, run toslink off of your tv and set it to output w ch pcm.

If all else fails, run a known good source into the 200 like a dvd or CD player to ensure the issue with not with the devialet. If this test passes, you need to go back and adjust the equipment in front of it.

I have never heard of a cable box that doesn't offer audio settings.
(23-Jul-2016, 19:40)wfveennl Wrote: Hello,

I have hooked up my TV setup box with toslink cable to the toslink input of my 200 and this worked just fine before. I have not used it for awhile and now when I try to play back via toslink the input on my 200 is flashing but no sound. When I remove the cable the input indicator changes to red. There are no options in the setup box and it should just work.

Does anybody know why the flashing input indicator means?  I look for the manual of the manula of the firmware but was not able to find the answer to my question.

Best regards,

Willem.

When it is flashing, it means the connection is loose. Check your cabling. Adjust during playback until you can see the display turns white.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(28-Jul-2016, 08:21)hk6230 Wrote:
(23-Jul-2016, 19:40)wfveennl Wrote: Hello,

Does anybody know why the flashing input indicator means?  I look for the manual of the manula of the firmware but was not able to find the answer to my question.

Best regards,

Willem.

When it is flashing, it means the connection is loose. Check your cabling. Adjust during playback until you can see the display turns white.

Eventhough I did disconnect and connect the cable several times, I took it out and put it back again and now it indeed works again!

Thanks to all who replied and case closed!