Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
New Expert Pro - rest of the series
I agree on the US upgrade price - highway robbery.
Hmm I'm a little confused. Does the upgrade include the new DAC/Streaming functionality ? And if yes, do we need to wait for the new OS in 2017 to make use of it ?. There wasn't any more details on the website about the streamer that I could see. If it includes Airplay/Spotify connect etc ...

Will the upgrade be something that you can do yourself, or must it be sent in to local dealers, or to France ?.
(26-Jul-2016, 00:06)blodsbror Wrote: Hmm I'm a little confused. Does the upgrade include the new DAC/Streaming functionality ? And if yes, do we need to wait for the new OS in 2017 to make use of it ?. There wasn't any more details on the website about the streamer that I could see. If it includes Airplay/Spotify connect etc ...

Will the upgrade be something that you can do yourself, or must it be sent in to local dealers, or to France ?.

You'll need to wait for the new OS and the board itself. I'm sure Devialet will announce specs/feature set as soon as they work it out themselves.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(25-Jul-2016, 22:58)Music or sound Wrote: The upgrade price for a single unit is US $4590 but in Europe 3490Euros which presently equates $3840. What is the reason to charge US customers $750 more? Also I payed $4795 to upgrade my D-Premier to 250 status which essential did not give me any real benefit as I can not use SAM (using digital crossover function) and instead of USB and Ethernet inputs an USB to SPDIF/AES converter would have given me better sound for less money!
I have not seen any clear indication whether the server board to come out next year is included or will be extra. What means: "New architecture supporting Devialet OS in 2017"?

At The Oxford Audio event it was certainly implied that the streaming board (that was the term used) would be inclusive in the upgrade - free for OdA owners and included in the upgrade price otherwise. 

On the Devialet website it now says that the OdA upgrade is available in 2017 "with the launch of the Devialet OS card" and in the bullet points for all the new models from 220 to OdA and 1000 it talks about "new architecture supporting Devialet OS in 2017".

So I'm assuming the OS architecture and the streaming board are the same thing, but the terminology could be better.

They said the new board would be fitted in Paris - though the AIR board was dealer or customer fittable.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(26-Jul-2016, 00:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 00:06)blodsbror Wrote: Hmm I'm a little confused. Does the upgrade include the new DAC/Streaming functionality ? And if yes, do we need to wait for the new OS in 2017 to make use of it ?. There wasn't any more details on the website about the streamer that I could see. If it includes Airplay/Spotify connect etc ...

You'll need to wait for the new OS and the board itself. I'm sure Devialet will announce specs/feature set as soon as they work it out themselves.

So the upgrade price doesn't include the new streaming board?.
(25-Jul-2016, 22:58)Music or sound Wrote: What means: "New architecture supporting Devialet OS in 2017"?

It just sounds better than, "we haven't finished, or even designed, some of what we're flogging you, so we can't tell you exactly, but it's coming none the less"

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Jul-2016, 00:18)blodsbror Wrote:
(26-Jul-2016, 00:14)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

So the upgrade price doesn't include the new streaming board?.

I believe it does. You just can't have it (or know anything about it) until they've designed and built it. I can only imagine they're feverishly......

(26-Jul-2016, 00:20)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(25-Jul-2016, 22:58)Music or sound Wrote: What means: "New architecture supporting Devialet OS in 2017"?

It just sounds better than, "we haven't finished, or even designed, some of what we're flogging you, so we can't tell you exactly, but it's coming none the less"

thats a good one !!   Tongue
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(25-Jul-2016, 20:35)Markpd Wrote: As a D200 owner the choice I now  face is whether to upgrade to a D400 for €5,600 ( or perhaps 15% less) or upgrade to a D220 pro for €3,490. My guess is that moving to a D400 would be better value for money. I think double the power would trump the gains touted for the D220 pro.

My dealer offered me a nice price for an 200 Companion (same as upgrade price). So I decided to go for that instead of upgrade. I'm convinced that it is more SQ for the money
Devialet 440 Pro, Revel Ultima Salon 2, Synology DS212j, Minim Server, mConnect, Tidal.
Anyone knows the price of 220 pro companion unit in Euro?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk