Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Goodbye to Devialet - after upgrade program
I wonder if or how many of us are considering to give up continuing with Devialet Expert line going forward. My frustration is that I invested my LE200 as it is one box solution which I am happy with but a little longer than my purchase why I should pay 50% of my current device for an upgrade? This will make my total investment in the range of eur 10k which I would have much more options, okay not as a single unit perhaps. I do know if they announced the retail price of pro series though.
My second frustration is that 120 owners will pay the same upgrade cost. This is insane. Regardless of the cost to Devialet is same, they should hv created a difference at upgrade cost, even it is 500 euros.

My dilemma right now is perhaps it is better to sell my LE200 and top up eur 3500 to go for a different path/device.

Anyone else considering the same?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Before the upgrade was announced I was more than happy with my D200, that situation has not changed. Yes I would love the new model but I can't afford it, however the arrival of this new kid on the block will not dampen my enthusiasm for what I consider to be a fabulous piece of kit.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
I won't be upgrading. I'll be moving on when the time is right financially.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

The upgrade program just seems like 'business as usual' for the Devialet we know (and many seem to love).

The growing camp they've managed to disillusion will probably be less inclined.

The love camp will upgrade whatever the price - regardless of the fact not all of its ready and they don't even know what it is they're buying.

I can see a logic to the pricing, but it's not sensible or thought out. In fact, highlighting that the innards are the same and cost the same across the board sort of devalues the whole brand. It's basically saying if you get a 1000 Pro new you're basically paying shedloads for the cases.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I bought D200 two months ago. I would consider upgrading if priced around €2000. But never for €3500.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(25-Jul-2016, 22:35)archer75 Wrote: ...why I should pay 50% of my current device for an upgrade?

Like misterpete, I'd say: if you don't think it's value for money, you simply shouldn't.

If you are happy with the way your Devialet sounds then the existence of the upgrade doesn't change anything, unless you just want to have the latest and greatest irrespective of cost and benefit.  (In which case, you'll probably want to try something new and different at some point anyway.)

At the moment, though, it seems to me that the cost is very tangible but the benefits are anything but.  Maybe once it's possible to hear (e.g.) a 220 Pro played back-to-back against a 200 in the same environment, the benefits might be clearer.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
200 or better saying 170 was for me last amp I bought. i bought it because I wanted a good SQ in one small unit. I paid good price for my 170...nice discountWink. Than I got a nice new firmware which offered me extra 30 Watt. All seemed very nice. SQ was nice and with newer firmware even better.

But I think that 200 is just a good value for 5500-6000 Euro...a price You can buy 200 from some dealers as ex-demo...

But paying extra 3500 Euro for just extra 20 WSmile...no way...I like sound of my 200 and I stay with it...
Good point Ian! No one has ever listened to a D220 Pro, so it's a little difficult to judge how much you would need to spend on an alternative brand to achieve equivalent or better sound quality.

'Devialet are annoying' is a poor reason to sell up and move on. 'I can get product xyz for less money and it sounds better to me', is a perfectly reasonable reason to sell up and switch brands.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I think it is ridiculous that a 120 owner can upgrade to a 220 for the same price as a 200.
At least Devialet offers an upgrade to a new model for a reasonable price. What if you have bought any other amp, be it Accuphase, McIntosh or Bryston ? They also come up with new models every few years without any upgrade option. You have so sell the old amp and buy a new one. The loss would be the same in the 200 range, much more in the 800 range. So I'm glad that we have this option and I would always buy a Devialet again.