Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
TWBAS Is Back! (Not Really) Details Written by Jeff Fritz
Smile 
A recent mere mention of Jeff Fritz but grateful for Devialet

http://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php...not-really

"Still, I’m aware that any number of products made by other brands might suit my stereo system just as well as these. For electronics, I really like Gryphon Audio Designs and Boulder Amplifiers. I’ve reviewed these brands in my system many times over the years, and they’ve never failed to impress. The Danish-made, class-A Gryphons generally sound warm and powerful, driving loudspeakers to produce a sound of genuine authority and gravitas. The Boulders -- specifically their 2000-series models -- sound neutral and linear, and in terms of low noise compete with the best out there: Devialet and Soulution. And, speaking of Devialet, yes: I still think their Expert amplifier models are absolute steals, with sound that’s far better than you’d expect for the prices".
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
Waiting for Mr. Fritz test of the new Expert Pro line...
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
His review of the 400 was the main reson for me to get a 200 and then later upgrade to a 400.

Funny that he thinks they are a bargin and they are compared to many other brands....
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree