Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - direct NAS connection
I agree with Hifi_swlon, the Armature looks identical to a Singexer F1. So in terms of functionality, it is a rival to the Mutec not the microRendu. Indeed, you could run a microRendu to Armature to Devialet via S/PDIF. You could even run microRendu to Armature to Mutec to Devialet via AES/EBU. The fun never ends!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
What about this ARMATURE between the AURALIC MINI (USB output) and Devialet ... since the Auralic is already a nice streamer for those who do not have like me a NAS with USB it could be useful
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(04-Oct-2016, 13:19)jfp Wrote: What about this ARMATURE between the AURALIC MINI (USB output) and Devialet  ... since the Auralic is already a nice streamer for those who do not have like me a NAS with USB it could be useful

Technically this should work.  How good would it sound?  I have no idea.  Indeed, as far as I am aware nobody has yet tried a Singxer or Armature with a Devialet, so until we get a few reports from anyone who has tried this, it is an unknown quantity.  It is perhaps worth noting that pretty much everyone who has tried a Mutec MC3+USB with a Devialet has reported good results, and this is with a variety of sources.  So the Mutec looks like the low risk option.  It is more expensive though.  We just need a few folk to take a risk and try the Singxer or Armature.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12