Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
(22-Jan-2017, 15:52)Antoine Wrote: IIRC the WiFi board is required for ethernet to work even though its circuitry is on the DUET board. I'm guessing its signal is routed through that board for processing.

I'm not sure if the companion holds the DUET board, one who has one can easily check this. If there's an ethernet and USB connector on the companion it's there but the WiFi board may still be "missing".

There are ethernet and USB connectors on the Companion.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(22-Jan-2017, 15:39)Antoine Wrote: @Gui, haha, keep planting them, no problem, not annoying at all. Big Grin As long as someone is not forcing me (or trying to) to do anything all is fine with me! Smile

Regarding removing the WiFi board I've actually though about that myself multiple times but haven't done it since it requires opening the D. For now that's off limits for me. Though in 2012 Devialet let people install the board in their D-Premier's themselves (see pics of the installation 'kit' I received back then below) so we should be allright removing the board as well I suppose! Wink

I think only the WiFi board can be removed. The phono circuitry is on the mainboard and I believe that the DUET board (containing the USB/ethernet ports) is required for normal operations since it also contains the main DSP.

Hilarious reading back what they promised back then.
Cut the cord, cue the white noise!!!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(22-Jan-2017, 15:39)Antoine Wrote: @Gui, haha, keep planting them, no problem, not annoying at all. Big Grin As long as someone is not forcing me (or trying to) to do anything all is fine with me! Smile

Regarding removing the WiFi board I've actually though about that myself multiple times but haven't done it since it requires opening the D. For now that's off limits for me. Though in 2012 Devialet let people install the board in their D-Premier's themselves (see pics of the installation 'kit' I received back then below) so we should be allright removing the board as well I suppose! Wink

I think only the WiFi board can be removed. The phono circuitry is on the mainboard and I believe that the DUET board (containing the USB/ethernet ports) is required for normal operations since it also contains the main DSP.

Hey Antoine,
did it. See http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=3944

As for the Phono-Board. It's plugged onto the mainboard beneath the Duett-Board...easy peasy out  Wink 
I've not tried to stream over Ethernet yet. I will try tomorrow. But as you had to open your 250PRO once to solder the loose circuit board it would be an easy one for you to try...it's worth I'd say if you don't need WiFi and Phono.

gui

edit: Sorry for Off Topic. Any follow ups will go with the Thread in the link.
"Oh, you can buy the other. But then it is a cost intensive learning process"
berlin