Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
1. Spotify connect.
2. Airplay
3. RAAT (RoonReady)
4. DLNA

The combination of these, would cover all source applications and hardware in my house.
I've been thinking about this some more.

After repeatedly re-reading their response to the ipetition all night, I've woken with a new found respect and rekindled love and passion for the brand. This is the dawn of a new Devialet era where they really will take over the world and deliver us all fulfilled dreams, warm hearts and nourished souls.

I really think Devialet should supply the streamer card only with its proprietary solution using Spark, and put all their resources into going that extra few percent and striving for greatness - making Spark the best player in the world. Then they will own the whole ecosystem and be able to give us all the ultimate lifestyle experience we've been searching for. I think this could bring some serious revenues and kudos for the business, cancel out any past mistakes, and make shareholders rich (and therefore happy).

If they do this they can count me in for life. I'll take a whole truck load of em.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Shurely shome mishtake!?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
Someone had a long night with the new born and woke up delirious.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Probably alcohol related? Very sad.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(04-Aug-2016, 13:38)Confused Wrote: Probably alcohol related?  Very sad.....
Well now.  Year almost ended and most of us have our upgraded Pro's in hand, this after a year of bitchin'' and moanin' about the company and it now appears we are with few exceptions very pleased with the upgrade (ecstatic for some..I sure am!)... so it's time to start up the bitchin' and moanin' machine again...where is the streamerboard????
Devialet, I know you offered us a retrofitable replacement board to your existing product line insuring our units remain current and state of the art for years to come, a nearly faultless upgrade process (hiccups for sure but with thousand of units sent from around the world...amazing!) and vastly improved the sound of Expert line but, hey, what have you done for us lately?   ;-)

Jokin'.....wdw
When you look at what can be achieved in the tiny footprint of something like the Chord Poly, and for an estimated retail of £499, its hard to imagine Devialet couldn't pull off far more in their internal streamerboard given the apparent retail of 1,000 plus quid. Ok, we don't know the SQ of the Poly, but the point is these kinds of technologies are becoming commonplace, even on tiny portable devices:  

768 PCM, 512DSD, Bluetooth, wifi, airplay, RoonReady, Dlna, 9 hr battery and an SD card.  In a unit 50x62x22mm.

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/product/poly/

It's also interesting to note it's shipping early 2017, and they actually know what it is they're shipping. Crazy stuff.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Jan-2017, 16:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It's also interesting to note it's shipping early 2017, and they actually know what it is they're shipping. Crazy stuff.

I just asked Devialet a few questions about the streaming card (stupid of me, I know). My suggestion was the since the new OS card is only a few months away (someone at) Devialet would know what is planned. No luck! We'll have to be patient and wait..! Either they honestly do not know, which is scary - or they will not tell us which is annoying! Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(16-Jan-2017, 16:24)ogs Wrote:
(15-Jan-2017, 16:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It's also interesting to note it's shipping early 2017, and they actually know what it is they're shipping. Crazy stuff.

I just asked Devialet a few questions about the streaming card (stupid of me, I know). My suggestion was the since the new OS card is only a few months away (someone at) Devialet would know what is planned. No luck! We'll have to be patient and wait..! Either they honestly do not know, which is scary - or they will not tell us which is annoying! Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.

I think we all know by now people at Devialet don't seem to talk to each other or know what they're doing, let alone try and talk to us.

Last year they promised a load of 'customer love' which never materialised, and on the 'love is in the AIR' support topic, they said they'd set up a streamer board area to get customer feedback. Here we are in 2017 and nothing. They still haven't finished AIR.
Meanwhile the lone Devialet voice of 'Seb' kept alluding to 'exciting things' happening, er, 'imminently'. What in fact happened - nothing!

So predictable.

Perhaps they've all been breathing in too much of that lacquer, which has delayed the whole project.....

(16-Jan-2017, 16:24)ogs Wrote:

Either they honestly do not know, which is scary - or they will not tell us which is annoying! Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.

If history is to repeat itself, I'm pretty sure what they deliver will end up being half baked, so they might as well confirm what's in the oven. We don't have high expectations anyway.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2