Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
New streamerboard, what functions do we want?
(16-Jan-2017, 16:24)ogs Wrote:
(15-Jan-2017, 16:22)Hifi_swlon Wrote: It's also interesting to note it's shipping early 2017, and they actually know what it is they're shipping. Crazy stuff.

I just asked Devialet a few questions about the streaming card (stupid of me, I know). My suggestion was the since the new OS card is only a few months away (someone at) Devialet would know what is planned. No luck! We'll have to be patient and wait..! Either they honestly do not know, which is scary - or they will not tell us which is annoying! Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.

I would be happy or perhaps not happy if they just told us the new streamerboard will still use AIR to connect to a computer so one can decide what to do in the future. In my case carry on with AIR over ethernet but on a dedicated computer or get a microRendu or a Sotm SMS -200 and just forget about Devialets streamerboard. 
All this silence is just stupid but hey this is the way things work at Devialet so nothing new there. They have promised a streamerboard in 2017, I asume that they would have the specs finished if they are going to test, produce and deliver it to us in this year.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(16-Jan-2017, 16:24)ogs Wrote: Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.

What like UPnP?!  Tongue

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(16-Jan-2017, 16:52)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(16-Jan-2017, 16:24)ogs Wrote: Maybe they are afraid to promise something that turns out they can not deliver.

What like UPnP?!  Tongue

Guillaume

Haha Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

(16-Jan-2017, 16:51)octaviars Wrote: They have promised a streamerboard in 2017, I asume that they would have the specs finished if they are going to test, produce and deliver it to us in this year.

Well, they can cut out a bit of time by not testing it properly and letting us do it. And give themselves up to December 31st I suppose.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(16-Jan-2017, 18:17)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(16-Jan-2017, 16:51)octaviars Wrote: They have promised a streamerboard in 2017, I asume that they would have the specs finished if they are going to test, produce and deliver it to us in this year.

Well, they can cut out a bit of time by not testing it properly and letting us do it.  And give themselves up to December 31st I suppose.

Buisness as usuall if this happens  Cool

Well time will tell what happens  Huh

Second system

Well, they can cut out a bit of time by not testing it properly and letting us do it.  And give themselves up to December 31st I suppose.

Aren't the O d'A owners going to be the beta testers (again)?

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(17-Jan-2017, 09:38)GuillaumeB Wrote: Aren't the O d'A owners going to be the beta testers (again)?

Guillaume

Thanks in advance! Please send them lots of feedback....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(17-Jan-2017, 09:38)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Aren't the O d'A owners going to be the beta testers (again)?

Guillaume

Od'A owners will be the alpha testers, the rest of us beta testers. Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Guillaume, are you suggesting that four months after we get our streamer board Devialet are going to come out with a new and improved streamer board and we'll be at the back of the line again?  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(18-Jan-2017, 04:31)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Guillaume, are you suggesting that four months after we get our streamer board Devialet are going to come out with a new and improved streamer board and we'll be at the back of the line again?  Tongue

Haha! 

I was more referring to the fact that the O d'A owners effectively beta tested the PRO concept. 

Anyway I can't help but think that UPnP is so 2014... even streaming services such as Qobuz have been around since late 2013... over 3 years later it still isn't possible to stream Qobuz without the use of a computer on the network... amazing really.

What folks are interested in now is integration with Roon, HQ Player and lots of fancy galvanic isolation and cleaner power. Not to mention support for a much wider range of formats including DXD and DSD x2, x4 etc. No doubt MQA will join the list too.

Instead we are going to get better wireless, PLC and integration with Phantom. My guess at least...

Guillaume

UK