Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Elac Roon powered music server
Just seen an advert for the Elac DS-101 Discovery Music Server. Designed to operate without the need for a PC or laptop. Compatible with Tidal's streaming service and Roon. Only £700 and looks neat in an all metal wraparound casing.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Wow could be game changing.  Dont believe, Lumin, Antipodes or even Aurender do this.

Stereophile in Jan prior to release mentioned the price 1100 includes a full lifetime ROON License.

http://www.stereophile.com/content/elac-...dOdoFSm.97

Could be enough to pull the trigger.
Sam

Raidho D1/ Devialet D200
microRendu/ sonicTransporter/ ROON
Audience AU24e Speaker Cable
Cardas USB Cable
Transparent Powerlink Power Cable
Audience AR1P Conditioner

System 2
Meridian F80
Chromcast Audio (w/ Native TIDAL and DS Audio)
MIT Optical Cable
FYI, there's another thread running about it: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2004

IIRC Roon has set some restrictions for the version of Roon running on it but I can't rememeber exactly which or where I read it (probably on CA or the Roon forum).
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jul-2016, 16:09)Antoine Wrote: FYI, there's another thread running about it:  http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=2004

IIRC Roon has set some restrictions for the version of Roon running on it but I can't rememeber exactly which or where I read it (probably on CA or the Roon forum).

I think you can upgrade it to a full Roon but not shure were I read that. And if I am not wrong the Roon acount is tied to the Elac machine and can not be used on anything else.

I have been intrested in this to, perhaps with a Mutec to get nice re-clocked AES signal to the Devialets.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree