Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
1000 Pro Write up by Darko
Hi,

This is a question I would like to be able to answer... Or Devialet...
Using a Mac, but it should be the same on Windows, I would like to know if the player as an influence on the sonic result combined with Air3.
It's the case with USB if I compare ITunes, Audirvana and Jriver for instance.
I tried Audirvana with Air3 but there is a big issue with DirectMode. I didn't go testing further on as I wait for my 250 Pro.

Regards.
Is this turning into another bloody Air3 thread? Huh
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(25-Sep-2016, 15:18)Axel Wrote: Is this turning into another bloody Air3 thread? Huh

Does not every thread on this forum eventually take on some sort of discusion regarding AIR? Big Grin
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(25-Sep-2016, 14:43)Inox Wrote: Hi,

This is a question I would like to be able to answer... Or Devialet...
Using a Mac, but it should be the same on Windows, I would like to know if the player as an influence on the sonic result combined with Air3.
It's the case with USB if I compare ITunes, Audirvana and Jriver for instance.
I tried Audirvana with Air3 but there is a big issue with DirectMode. I didn't go testing further on as I wait for my 250 Pro.

Regards.

This is what I'm looking into, I don't know the specifics as I'm not great with the backend of Mac, and I'm only marginally better on Windows, but the way the stream is delivered from Spotify lets say; is very different from TIDAL, yet the amount of data sent via Air remains the same in both situations. However, any program which interferes or refreshes the audio kernel will stop Air playback. I've experienced this in TIDAL in the last 10-15 seconds of a song, where playback stops, and resumes through the computer speakers.

So from a sonic perspective, I think it's more up to the decoding of your player, as the data stream is sufficient for lossless audio in any situation. As for what sounds best, it is usually a function of the complexity of the player and the specs of your computer. You have less chance of irregularities in playback with a simple player due to the processing overhead.
- Devialet LE800 - Linn LP12 - Selah Audio Tempesta Grand - Rhythmik Audio F15HP -