Poll: Planning to upgrade to Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, am very likely to upgrade
23.63%
43 23.63%
No, not looking to upgrade
26.37%
48 26.37%
Waiting to get more information about SQ or other benefits
50.00%
91 50.00%
Total 182 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, who is planning to upgrade to a Pro?
I will also be waiting to see. I am sceptical about the new Devialet OS thing that I guess is mandatory when the new streamer board comes along. There is simply too little information about the real improvements.
I am also deeply worried by something Confused wrote reporting from the Oxford Audio event. Mathieu Pernot  says Devialet only uses measurements to verify their developments. They never listen  Huh   Pernot says something stupid about trusting lab equipment but not his listening skills. While it is good to have measurement backup when you develop audio reproduction, not listening to changes you make is bad practice in my book. I do not believe the original Devialet ADH was developed by measurement alone.
I may move on to something else for this reason alone.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Pim,
Can't wait for your comparison between D200 and OdA!
Another 3 weeks?
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
(03-Aug-2016, 09:07)ogs Wrote: I will also be waiting to see. I am sceptical about the new Devialet OS thing that I guess is mandatory when the new streamer board comes along. There is simply too little information about the real improvements.
I am also deeply worried by something Confused wrote reporting from the Oxford Audio event. Mathieu Pernot  says Devialet only uses measurements to verify their developments. They never listen  Huh   Pernot says something stupid about trusting lab equipment but not his listening skills. While it is good to have measurement backup when you develop audio reproduction, not listening to changes you make is bad practice in my book. I do not believe the original Devialet ADH was developed by measurement alone.

As per your own theory, shouldn't you listen to a Pro before you decide to move on? What if the measurements were right?  Smile

I've read Alon Wolf of Magico works in the same way. He uses good science and measurements to build low distortion speakers. It's my believe that you're either going to listen and 'tune' the equipment you build or you just build to the best spec. Either way is ok but will lead to different buyers.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Aug-2016, 09:23)Teliaved Wrote: Pim,
Can't wait for your comparison between D200 and OdA!
Another 3 weeks?

I'm not sure when I'm going home yet but I do know that it's going to be for only a short stint so I'm not going to waste any time on a comparison. I'm going to install the O d'A and listen to it ASAP and for as long as my dear wife lets me.  Smile

Surely, if it's as good as I think it is, I can make a comparison between my memory of the 200 and what I'll be hearing from the O d'A
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(03-Aug-2016, 10:02)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(03-Aug-2016, 09:07)ogs Wrote: I will also be waiting to see. I am sceptical about the new Devialet OS thing that I guess is mandatory when the new streamer board comes along. There is simply too little information about the real improvements.

As per your own theory, shouldn't you listen to a Pro before you decide to move on? What if the measurements were right?  Smile

I've read Alon Wolf of Magico works in the same way. He uses good science and measurements to build low distortion speakers. It's my believe that you're either going to listen and 'tune' the equipment you build or you just build to the best spec. Either way is ok but will lead to different buyers.

Hi Pim
I will definitely listen to a Pro before I decide on what to do. I also want to know more about the technical aspect of changes. In the past I have found too many firmware versions I did not like. All v6.x and most of v7.x and 8.x apart from the well known 7.1.3beta. I use 9.0.1 now and will try 10.x soon. I am not in any way against measurements. Tuning by ear alone  belongs to the past, but if they never listen to a firmware version before releasing it I can understand why quite a few of the firmwares have had issues in my view.
I did the upgrade from D-Premier to 240. I can not say I am disappointed as the upgrade brought better sound quality, but the USB input is not as good as it should be. It could easily have equalled the AES input if they did it right.
I sort of wish I didn't upgrade my D-Premier. Then I could have done a Pro upgrade directly and saved a lot of money...
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
My system consist of dev200 and sf venere 2.5, air beta is working 95% fine for me, sq is very good, and by upgrading to better speaker like olympica2 i m sure i ll be stunned and more than satisfied by the sound, so no i m not upgrading for the moment for the present price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I notice that over 50% of respondents to this poll are in the 'waiting for more information' category. I am assuming that many are thinking in a similar way to me, that is if the SQ hike is significant, then upgrade, if it is only very small, then maybe not. Of course, much of this will be system dependant, in particular speaker dependant. Therefore, an audition is what is required. So how to audition? One way is to persuade you dealer to loan you a Pro for a home demo. This has to be the best way to go, but it is a lot of hassle, and indeed, some dealers will be reluctant to loan out their precious new Pro demo unit to someone who is going to upgrade, rather than be a new buyer. Another alternative is to demo at the dealers. This is what I plan to do. For me, this works well, my dealer has exactly the same speakers as myself (the key point I think), plus I am very familiar with how their demo room sounds, which is actually pretty similar to my own room. So for a direct A/B test this is fine to get a good idea has to how big the pro SQ hike is. With respect to this last point, surely all Devialet dealers will now be actively trying to sell off any part exchanged / Ex demo Expert amps. So it may not be too long before A/B tests at your local friendly dealer become more difficult, simply because they will not have the 'old' expert in stock. I say more difficult rather than impossible, because you could always take you existing Expert with you, but this is obviously a little more hassle than your dealer having both ready in their shop. Just a thought!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I´ve been a 120 owner for a year now and regretted not going for the 200... Almost upgraded last spring, so for me this is a no brainer as 120 owners (+ D Premier) are easily getting the best deal. Looks like I got very lucky this time. Planning on being one of the first 200 to upgrade as I signed up for that mailing when it was first discovered on these forums (= it wasn´t even on the official website yet).

As for the sound quality, I´m already satisfied with it so anything better is a plus. Main rationale for upgrading is the extra power so I have more choice with speakers, increased second hand value and above all the upcoming streamer card.
Same (Almost) opinion as vrln above. I have sent for upgrade request to Devs and waiting!
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
As I posted elswhere I listened to the 1000 pro today and will be having my 800 upgraded.
Cheers,
Bill
Devialet 1000pro C1. Aurender N10 Wilson Benesch A.C.T. ONE Evolution P1 Naim headline Naim highcap Sennheiser HD 800 Naim Super Lumina speaker cable. Shunyata Delta EF mains cables. 2 PSI AVAA C20 active acoustic absorbers.