Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Review in Stereo Magazine
Nice, well-balanced review of Phantoms (Silver) in the German Stereo magazine, though would have liked a bit more on SQ with different types of music. 

https://stereo-magazine.com
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I have been eagerly awaiting this review, for a few weeks, in the belief that there would be measurements.
Alas, there are none as explained below.

"SAM has the effect of making it impossible to measure them precisely. As soon as we ran loud, wide-band white noise through the Phantom, they regulated down. We were unable to tease more than 87 dB of sound pressure out of them this way – one of many arguments why we are presenting these active speakers without a rating."
I would like to know what are the other "many arguments why we are presenting these active speakers without a rating."
(01-Aug-2016, 22:30)alandbush Wrote: I have been eagerly awaiting this review, for a few weeks, in the belief that there would be measurements.
Alas, there are none as explained below.

"SAM has the effect of making it impossible to measure them precisely. As soon as we ran loud, wide-band white noise through the Phantom, they regulated down. We were unable to tease more than 87 dB of sound pressure out of them this way – one of many arguments why we are presenting these active speakers without a rating."

You ran measurements a while back -- is it worth re-measuring to see how it differs?