Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So you want to upgrade! HOW?
Maybe I missed sommat... or maybe I am just getting too old...

Being curious after receiving the 'Upgrade' email, and 'as you do', I followed the email link Devialet to 'learn more'..

..OK, so learned pretty-much the same as I did looking that the email.. but maybe bigger and prettier pictures, and a nice button at the bottom of theirt page saying ' Register Here' or words to that effect... I HIT THE BUTTON! (well, it apparently is non-binding, so....)

BUT that was over two weeks ago, since then..... Nothing...NADA! ZILTCH!

So today I though... maybe I will try again, just in case I did not do it proper last time!

Nope! - I did - said I had already registered....

Ummm, so what gives?

This is typically poor communication by Devialet it seems, and now it is getting very irritating...

...or maybe I have just been SCAMMED! Huh

I am SO NOT HAPPY!
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
And in addition, I thought that there was for the 'early ones' to respond on that email, a discount on the upgrade....
(02-Aug-2016, 10:25)Xander Wrote: And in addition, I thought that there was for the 'early ones' to respond on that email, a discount on the upgrade....

I emailed support 2 days ago asking specifically what the 'advantageous conditions' are for the first 200 that registered for the upgrade. Guess what our advantage was?? That we found out about it via email first... that's it!!!!
Fortunately the Devialet sounds good. Don't care about the bad communication, just enjoy the music people Big Grin
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
How do you upgrade?

1. Register your interest.
2. Wait patiently, forget about upgrades, enjoy the summer and lovely music from your existing Devialet.
3. Devialet will be in touch soon .....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(02-Aug-2016, 13:57)Confused Wrote: How do you upgrade?

1. Register your interest. -Yep..OK so far...
2. Wait patiently, forget about upgrades, enjoy the summer and lovely music from your existing Devialet.
3. Devialet will be in touch soon ..... A simple emailed acknowledgement within a few days would have sufficed.. just so you know the registration had been successful. It is not rocket-science, and could have been automated quite easily....Not a lot to ask, is it?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
(02-Aug-2016, 15:11)teddlesdee Wrote:

3. Devialet will be in touch soon ..... A simple emailed acknowledgement within a few days would have sufficed.. just so you know the registration had been successful. It is not rocket-science, and could have been automated quite easily....Not a lot to ask, is it?

Yes, I cannot argue with that!  I wasn't clear, I got an email, subscribed, and it told me that I had already subscribed.  It is perhaps curious that the error message was slightly more informative than Devialet!  Although..........   You appear to have skipped item 2. Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(02-Aug-2016, 15:22)Confused Wrote:
(02-Aug-2016, 15:11)teddlesdee Wrote:

Yes, I cannot argue with that!  I wasn't clear, I got an email, subscribed, and it told me that I had already subscribed.  It is perhaps curious that the error message was slightly more informative than Devialet!  Although..........   You appear to have skipped item 2. Shy

Well, old chap (I presume you are! ...not wishing to be rude et al).. actually I shot Dev an email this morning asking them why no indication of successful reg, and also asked what the procedure is now..
Well, at least this time I got back a ticket number and acknowledgement! Wink

But seriously, I just can't fathom their support skills.. For over 30 years ( I am semi-retired now) I ran a reasonably successful Software Company with customers all over the world, some of which were Government departments, and it was normal practise to:

a) - immediately acknowledge any communication from a customer.
b) reply with a brief, simple but concise description of the process their enquiry would follow, including target timelines. i.e. we very simply set the customer's expectations... and it always worked! The customer was happy, and it was clear to all in my organisation what needed to be done and by when!

Again... not rocket-science from a technology POV, not expensive to set up and operate...and you get to keep your customers that way!
I would recommend calling your dealer, you might find some interesting details on the timing of the upgrade.

BTW, not disagreeing with the comments herein.

September 1.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(02-Aug-2016, 15:39)teddlesdee Wrote: But seriously, I just can't fathom their support skills.. For over 30 years ( I am semi-retired now) I ran a reasonably successful Software Company with customers all over the world, some  of which were Government departments, and it was normal practise to:

a) - immediately acknowledge any communication from a customer.
b) reply with a brief, simple but concise description of the process their enquiry would follow, including target timelines. i.e. we very simply set the customer's expectations... and it always worked! The customer was happy, and it was clear to all in my organisation what needed to be done and by when!

Again... not rocket-science from a technology POV, not expensive to set up and operate...and you get to keep your customers that way!

Excellent and simple point. Hope Devialet read it!
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England