Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is a Devialet 120 sufficient fir driving Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors M speakers?
Dear all,

This is my 1st post. I am contemplating switching from a Naim Nac 252/Nap 300 to a devialet. In your view, woulf a Devialet 120 be sufficient for driving Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors M speakers? I would pair it with a Rel G2 sub, in a ( approx) 40 sqm open living/ dining room area.

Thanks for your advice,

Louid
It is definitely sufficient, no doubt about that. However the 200 really is the sweetspot for value vs money and I if you can swing it I don't think you'd regret the decision and the extra power in the long run.
Ekmanc: would you think the 200 sound different to the 120 driving the Auditors M? I will try and shoot for the 200, but curious to know your opinion
I would guess think that it sounds a bit better yes. If you are planning on buying one is there no one you can borrow both and try it in your own setup? any decent store should be able to set that up for you.
(27-Sep-2014, 11:05)Lavi Wrote: Dear all,

This is my 1st post. I am contemplating switching from a Naim Nac 252/Nap 300 to a devialet. In your view, woulf a Devialet 120 be sufficient for driving Sonus Faber Cremona Auditors M speakers? I would pair it with a Rel G2 sub, in a ( approx) 40 sqm open living/ dining room area.

Thanks for your advice,

Louid

Hi,

I have system with Devialet 200 + SF Auditor M but without any sub. My room is 18sqm. In my system 120 is not enough power to drive Auditor M. I can say that even 170 was so, so for Auditor M. After firmware upgrade and extra 30W my Auditor M are now singing very well. Another good upgrade was SAM. Now with SAM on there is enough bas in my 18sqm. I am not a low tones freak, but I can say that Auditor M are really hard to drive properly.
Because You have powerful sub and 120 will probably delliver enough power to drive Auditor M. But remember to try 200 and 120 before any final decision;-)
thank you both for the good advices! i will organize a demo of the 200 at home... thanks again
Dear all,

I read a review indicating that the Devialet SAM makes a small speaker like the Athom GT1 could down until 25 hz ( vs 45 hz without SAM). This is amazing! Because I own Cremona Auditor M speakers, do anyone know how low they go with SAM ( currently they dont go much lower than 50hz).

Lastly, does SAM makes the use of a subwoofer less relevant for standmounts such my Cremona Auditor M? my room is approx 45 sqm
I can't give you an exact Hz number but SAM works wonders for the bass, it's deeper, fuller and with better timing.

Let us know what you think if you can audition one at home, I think you will love it with SAM for your speakers.
(02-Oct-2014, 22:14)Ekmanc Wrote: I can't give you an exact Hz number but SAM works wonders for the bass, it's deeper, fuller and with better timing.

Let us know what you think if you can audition one at home, I think you will love it with SAM for your speakers.

I also have the Cremona Auditor Ms. They're in store at the moment, pending a house move next week. In a week or two I'll get them back and try them with my D200.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
I have been running the cremona auditor m's with the 120 and have been voting for ages from all my different emails to get SAM implemented so was very happy when it was done Smile
I stream wimp to the devialet from ipad and it sounds great, although I am curious as to how the Atohms gt1's will sound. I've also considered purchasing the optional card for a sub but not sure if it's worth it now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Devialet 120 <> Cremona Auditor M <> roon core running on my iMac via Air Ethernet with iPad/Android remote.
MQA via Tidal app also plays great but not as user friendly as have to use splashtop app to control remotely.