Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help < Roon setup with AIR 3 beta Ethernet >
Could some one help me (rather walk me thru) to setup Roon (mac) with AIR ethernet ... 

Have been trying but just not managed to setup myself in the 14-days Trial of Roon .. 

Help will be greatly appreciated !!

many thanks in advance ..
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(09-Aug-2016, 13:34)audio_engr Wrote: Could some one help me (rather walk me thru) to setup Roon (mac) with AIR ethernet ... 

Have been trying but just not managed to setup myself in the 14-days Trial of Roon .. 

Audio_engr there shouldn't be much to it really. Setup AIR and make sure it's working and can get music out of your Dev. In Roons audio setup, enable Devialet AIR and select it as output. I would do disable volume, integer mode, exclusive mode.

That should be it. What issues are you having? Maybe post your Roon settings.

Assuming AIR is installed on the Roon core (or roonserver) machine?

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(09-Aug-2016, 16:04)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(09-Aug-2016, 13:34)audio_engr Wrote: Could some one help me (rather walk me thru) to setup Roon (mac) with AIR ethernet ... 

Audio_engr there shouldn't be much to it really. Setup AIR and make sure it's working and can get music out of your Dev. In Roons audio setup, enable Devialet AIR and select it as output. I would do disable volume, integer mode, exclusive mode.

That should be it. What issues are you having? Maybe post your Roon settings.

Assuming AIR is installed on the Roon core (or roonserver) machine?

Hi Hifi_swlon :

Thank you for responding & offering to help. 

1. I got Roon started off and was on Exclusive mode but all the ill's of AIR soon 'kicked-in' so had to abort ...

2. Then - I knocked-off Exclusive mode & made some more attempts ... but didn't pull thru for long ...

Let's see if my settings are good enough ... You Gurus should be able to guide me .. 

Thanks in advance !!

[img][Image: devialet_setup.png][/img]   

[img][Image: AIR_1.png][/img]

[img][Image: AIR_2.png][/img]

[img][Image: AIR_3.png][/img]

[img][Image: AIR_4.png][/img]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Hi AE

My settings are as follows, in the the sequence of your images:

1. Tragte device buffer: 1000 ms
2. (a) Use Device Control; (b) 0.1s
3. Use Exclusive Mode "Ticked"
4. All 4 options are ticked
5. (a) Disabled; (b) Disabled; © same; (d) Disabled

I don't listen to DSD because I do not have any DSD file, I listen almost entirely with Tidal. And perhaps that's the reason I am on the verge of giving up Roon.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
Have you followed the steps in this link to ensure you have ethernet setup correctly?

If yes, then I can post pictures of my configuration for you later today.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(11-Aug-2016, 14:08)tategoi Wrote: Hi AE

My settings are as follows, in the the sequence of your images:

1. Tragte device buffer: 1000 ms
2. (a) Use Device Control; (b) 0.1s
3. Use Exclusive Mode "Ticked"
4. All 4 options are ticked
5. (a) Disabled; (b) Disabled; © same; (d) Disabled

I don't listen to DSD because I do not have any DSD file, I listen almost entirely with Tidal. And perhaps that's the reason I am on the verge of giving up Roon.

Hi tategoi :

many thanks for sharing your inputs. I followed it to the "T" and streaming using Audirvana or Roon is still problematic ... 

it just skips ...
(11-Aug-2016, 16:07)baddog Wrote: Have you followed the steps in this link to ensure you have ethernet setup correctly?

I followed the instructions in the link totally ... 

Now - I am relying on your tips ...
(11-Aug-2016, 21:30)audio_engr Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 16:07)baddog Wrote: Have you followed the steps in this link to ensure you have ethernet setup correctly?

Are you connecting the Devialet directly via ethernet from your Mac or are both the Devialet and Mac connected individually by ethernet to a switch and/or router?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Are you connecting the Devialet directly via ethernet from your Mac or are both the Devialet and Mac connected individually by ethernet to a switch and/or router?
SXSW, US

SXSW, US