Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help < Roon setup with AIR 3 beta Ethernet >
(11-Aug-2016, 21:30)audio_engr Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 16:07)baddog Wrote: Have you followed the steps in this link to ensure you have ethernet setup correctly?

If yes, then I can post pictures of my configuration for you later today.

I followed the instructions in the link totally ... 

Now - I am relying on your tips ...

Are you connecting the Devialet directly via ethernet from your Mac or are both the Devialet and Mac connected individually by ethernet to a switch and/or router?
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
In the meantime, here are my other settings. This is with RoonServer on the Mac Mini.

PLEASE NOTE - do not Enabled "Set Max Device Volume at Playback start". You will find it increases the Devialet volume when you move to a new track. Which is NOT what you want. You will not enjoy this setting being enabled.

On to the screenshots.

Includes Roon, AIR3 Settings, Mac Network Settings, and Devialet settings.

Note this is for a setup where the Mac Mini and the Devialet each have a ethernet connection to my switch.

Setup for network would be slightly different if you are using an ethernet connection from the Mac to the Devialet. So please let me know whether your Mac and Devialet each have their own ethernet connection or whether you are connecting the Mac to the Devialet directly.

Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
And the last screenshot.

SXSW, US
(11-Aug-2016, 23:48)baddog Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 21:30)audio_engr Wrote:
(11-Aug-2016, 16:07)baddog Wrote: Have you followed the steps in this link to ensure you have ethernet setup correctly?

If yes, then I can post pictures of my configuration for you later today.

I followed the instructions in the link totally ... 

Now - I am relying on your tips ...

Are you connecting the Devialet directly via ethernet from your Mac or are both the Devialet and Mac connected individually by ethernet to a switch and/or router?

I don't have a switch. 

It's a direct RJ45 to RJ45 Ethernet connection from my Macbook Pro to Devialet.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Hi baddog :

Many-many thanks for sharing all the tips that should work .. i appreciate it !!

I'm taking a much due vacation starting as I post this & will be trying your settings early 1st week Sept ..

Will report soon ..
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(12-Aug-2016, 01:45)baddog Wrote: In the meantime, here are my other settings. This is with RoonServer on the Mac Mini.

PLEASE NOTE - do not Enabled "Set Max Device Volume at Playback start". You will find it increases the Devialet volume when you move to a new track. Which is NOT what you want. You will not enjoy this setting being enabled.

On to the screenshots.

Includes Roon, AIR3 Settings, Mac Network Settings, and Devialet settings.

Note this is for a setup where the Mac Mini and the Devialet each have a ethernet connection to my switch.

Setup for network would be slightly different if you are using an ethernet connection from the Mac to the Devialet. So please let me know whether your Mac and Devialet each have their own ethernet connection or whether you are connecting the Mac to the Devialet directly.

Sorry if I am asking the obvious here but I was told that Roon wasn't working in Exclusive mode through AIR (either wifi either ethernet). Is this a new feature of AIR3? 
From what I see from the AIR3 beta release notes Devialet removed "bit Perfect" option from AIR, if I read this correctly it means that in iTunes every time I listen a song with higher Sampling Rate than a CD I will need to change the sampling in the MIDI settings. This being true and this change being maintained in the final release it will mean I need to find an alternative to iTunes. Roon would look like the most likely one but I was told that not being able to use Exclusive mode was seriously hampering the quality.

Thanks for the help

M
Hello M!

I can confirm with AIR3 Beta on the Mac that one is now able to use Exclusive mode with Roon. Prior versions of AIR on the Mac did not work with Exclusive mode and Roon.

As for iTunes and AIR, perhaps consider using something such as BitPerfect to manage the sample rate changes in iTunes?

http://bitperfectsound.blogspot.com/p/wh...rfect.html
SXSW, US
(18-Sep-2016, 21:52)baddog Wrote: Hello M!

I can confirm with AIR3 Beta on the Mac that one is now able to use Exclusive mode with Roon. Prior versions of AIR on the Mac did not work with Exclusive mode and Roon.

As for iTunes and AIR, perhaps consider using something such as BitPerfect to manage the sample rate changes in iTunes?

Thanks a lot baddog.

I will check out bitPerfect as well, but seeing that every one is raving about Roon and now it is possible to use it with AIR at its full potential I am tempted to give it a go. Also I am considering TIDAL and it seems the integration with ROON makes things a lot easier to manage.
thanks for the help

M

Absolutely bang on !!  Roon is able to play in exclusive mode using AIR 3 RC ver ... 

Its my 3rd day without any issues so far ... 

Am using the same settings that you specified ...
(18-Sep-2016, 22:06)marcor Wrote:

Thanks a lot baddog.

I will check out bitPerfect as well, but seeing that every one is raving about Roon and now it is possible to use it with AIR at its full potential I am tempted to give it a go. Also I am considering TIDAL and it seems the integration with ROON makes things a lot easier to manage.
thanks for the help

M

M - having used Roon since it's initial release, I can attest that Roon+Tidal makes a great combination. Since Roon and Tidal both offer Trials, you don't have much to lose except time....Wink
SXSW, US