Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bryston BDP-Pi
A Bargain priced Bryston or a very expensive Raspberry Pi?  You decide! Sad  

http://bryston.com/products/digital_audio/BDP-Pi.html
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
How much is it?

A nice case and display, a pi, modified hifiberry, and bryston PSU - might be quite a nice little starter streamer... at the right price...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Peterborough, Ontario August 15th, 2016 -Bryston (bryston.com) has announced the introduction of the BDP-π digital music player .  The BDP-π is available now through authorized Bryston dealers with an MSRP of $1295. (in Canada) Wink
The BDP-π is also a Roon Ready device. Roon Labs has created a software solution that delivers the ultimate user experience by merging Bryston's exceptional BDP digital playback hardware with an intuitive, graphically rich music library management and playback software. Users get the superb sound of Bryston digital players with a highly refined user interface.  Wink

Will it be able to play DSD ?
(16-Aug-2016, 03:02)Jml2155 Wrote:               Peterborough, Ontario August 15th, 2016 -Bryston (bryston.com) has announced the introduction of the BDP-π digital music player .  The BDP-π is available now through authorized Bryston dealers with an MSRP of $1295. (in Canada) Wink
The BDP-π is also a Roon Ready device. Roon Labs has created a software solution that delivers the ultimate user experience by merging Bryston's exceptional BDP digital playback hardware with an intuitive, graphically rich music library management and playback software. Users get the superb sound of Bryston digital players with a highly refined user interface.  Wink

Will it be able to play DSD ?
Not according to the spec -only PCM up to 192/24.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
More expensive than I thought it would be, bearing in mind how much a pi and hifiberry cost. But I suppose they have to make a case and screen and the mods to the hifiberry, plus power supply, and then do a manual and support and cover dealers and marketing. For those that don't want the hassle it probably makes sense (maybe).

For a Roon endpoint I think I'd rather stick with my DIY pi, and hifiberry and Chinese linear ps.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<