Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The ground knob on my D400 seems stuck!
I bought a new D400, and I'm generally thrilled with it. However, when I connect a vinyl turntable to it, the ground knob does not want to turn. Should I use some force to get it to turn? Don't want to break it. 

I tried a budget Technics SL-1200 MkII with a DJ cartridge (White) and they make a fabulous combo with the D400. However, on my big rig (a Technics SP-10 Mk II with the Technics EP-101 arm), not connecting the grounding strap gives a low hum. 

Appreciate the help! 

- Sridhar
(15-Aug-2016, 22:23)srima Wrote: I bought a new D400, and I'm generally thrilled with it. However, when I connect a vinyl turntable to it, the ground knob does not want to turn. Should I use some force to get it to turn? Don't want to break it. 

I tried a budget Technics SL-1200 MkII with a DJ cartridge (White) and they make a fabulous combo with the D400. However, on my big rig (a Technics SP-10 Mk II with the Technics EP-101 arm), not connecting the grounding strap gives a low hum. 

Appreciate the help! 

- Sridhar

Never mind, applying gentle pressure with a pair of pliers made the recalcitrant knob move, and now, all is well!