Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Setting up a D400
Hi
I've taken this opportunity to upgrade to my 200 to a 400.
It arrives tomorrow and just wanted to prepare the config
Do you need to load the same config file on both sd cards or just on the master sd card?
Thanks in advance
(17-Aug-2016, 12:15)miles Wrote: Hi
Do you need to load the same config file on both sd cards or just on the master sd card?
Thanks in advance

You need to download the config files for each amp onto its own card.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks in advance

Get over to your existing config on the Devialet site.  You can "add a Devialet" to your existing config; make sure you have them set as mono, one for each channel.  Also note the speaker terminals to use, the mono config uses only the amps' red terminals.  Once you've set up your new config you can download the files.  There are download links next to each unit, so you'll have one each for the Master and Slave/Companion.

So, in short, they take separate config files.  Enjoy your new toy Big Grin
GorbeSE/SME 309/DV XX-2 & Roon Rock (NUC) > D400 > Wilson Benesch Vectors
Thanks in advance

Congrats, great buy! I'm enjoying mine immensely, have had it for just a few days. Don't forget to connect both with an SPDIF cable as well. As others have said, the config files for Master and Slave are different, and must each be uploaded. 

Once I had accidentally dislodged my SD card for the Master, and for the life of me, couldn't figure out why the Master and Slave weren't coming on as a D400. Took me a while to figure out the SD card wasn't in all the way. So, keep that in mind as well. 

Another gotcha is the power cord. Devialet come with special power cords, and standard US made power cords may not fit. I tried one of the standard ones I have, and the amps didn't turn on. The cords weren't going in all the way. You need to ensure the red light on the back starts to glow (from the optical port or somewhere else).
FWIW, the Devialet 400 I got in the US has a pretty standard power cord, nothing special with it as far as I can tell.

So pretty much any power cord works with it. What may not work is depending on the chord, if it is exceptionally large on the end that connects to the Devialet, you may not be able to put the rear cover plate back on.

YMMV.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
thanks for all the tips
setup was as absolute breeze
took no longer than a few minutes
sounding superb