Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon into JPlay to Air with Fidelizer... set up help
Hi Everyone,

I have read through as much as i have patience for trying to find help with set up but can't solve it.

Can anyone help..

I have Roon installed on a i7 Windows 10 laptop with loads of RAM.. Single computer set up.

Roon feeding directly into Air works beautifully over WiFi and i can control both Roon and my Devialet from my Android mobile.
Plays all sample rates .. no drop outs . it's great 

When i push Roon through JPlay into Air i lose control of Roon on my phone. I can still control the volume of my Dev200 through my phone.
How do i set it up so i can get the benefit of JPlay enhancements but still control Roon from my phone ?

When i activate  Fidelizer... nothing works.. i get no sound at all.

I have tried getting answers on dedicated Fidelizer threads elsewhere about this but have yet to get any real help. The one suggestion i did get comes with warnings about how it may endanger my computer... so no thanks.

If anyone has any set up advice or advice about what sequence to activate things to make it all work i would be very grateful.. i Feel i am this close to having a great set up.

Thanks very much.

James
I had this problem with Fidelizer, when you run it, it switches AIR off. The pro version can be set to switch Air on when it starts but then you must disable the auto start feature within Air itself. I had various communications with the Fidelizer man via the Roon forums, he is most helpful but I never managed to get it to work!
I have no experience with JPlay, sorry.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50
(25-Aug-2016, 17:14)misterpete Wrote: I had this problem with Fidelizer, when you run it, it switches AIR off. The pro version can be set to switch Air on when it starts but then you must disable the auto start feature within Air itself. I had various communications with the Fidelizer man via the Roon forums, he is most helpful but I never managed to get it to work!
I have no experience with JPlay, sorry.

Neither with Roon nor with Jriver I haven't heard any benefit of Jplay on the contrary I have only seen stability issues. Both on USB and on Air .
Bricasti M1 SE DAC -> Pass labs XP30 & XP25 phono -> Bryston B28sst2 -> Sonus Faber Amati Futura  -> JRiver MC 21 -> Synology NAS / Quboz  - Denon DP 7000 SME 5012
D1000pro -> Magico V2 -> Fanless NUC i5 (Broadwell) -> Jriver MC 21/ Bauer DPS3i / Lyra Kleos
Well i can definitely hear a difference with JPlay and have no stability issues.
It's just that i lose the ability to control ROON from my phone which is annoying.

I have tried everything i can think of with Fidelizer but i just can't get sound out of any source when it is activated.
I am sure it must be a simple set up fault but no one seems to know what the poblem may be.

Any way..

Thanks for responding.
I'm using Fidelizer Free wiith JPlay 6.2 and AIR3.0b on Win 8.1. I'm not sure why you can't control your Roon on your smart phone as Jplay and Fidelizer are pretty much 'plug-n-play' and don't interfere with Roon. I'm pretty rusty now as I'd not been touching my system for nearly a month while in Malaysia. It will be still be another 5-6 month before I'm settling down in Malaysia. My new home is targeted to be ready by Jan 2017. I have to travel back and forth between Shanghai and KL for the next few months. In 2017, everything should be good. Hopefully new system and speakers, too. [Grin]
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Thanks for the reply and the pm too.

Things have gotten worse. I just updated my home wifi to something allegedly a lot stronger. I have reconfigured my Dev200 with the new network and password, changed all the wifi settings on my phone and my computer as well and now nothing works. No music from the D200 and Roon remote app won' find the library... Gaaaah exasperated i am.

I don't think this is an Air problem at all since everything was working great (apart from the Fidelizer and JPlay issue above) until i changed my WiFi set up...

I have spent hours on this and i can see hours more being spent trying to fix it. Must be something dumb i have done in settings somewhere ...

James
James - have you remembered to enable remote access on the Roon core?
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hi Zappydev,

Yes, remote access is enabled.

Thanks
So, after some messing around i have everything working again except......

When i use JPlay the Roon remote doesn't work. I could live without that but would rather not since i love browsing through Roon and queing.
I get a message that says the end point can't be reached.. or something like that...