Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
O d'A tone controls not working
Hi guys,

Today I was playing a particularly bright recording and I thought I would tone it down a bit. Only to find out that the tone controls didn't work. They show in the display as if they work but the sound doesn't change. I'm in a motel room now away from home and had no time to check before I left home but I just checked my configuration now and it all looks good. The first thing I would try is make up a new config file but since I won't be home for a bit I thought I might as well spend some time finding out if anyone else has ever had this. Huh

BTW, on those recordings that were good the O d'A sounded absolutely fabulous. My wife has promised me to keep it playing daily till I get home so it's nicely burnt in. How lucky am I? Smile

Edit: Found it! It was under speakers: Tone applies to this output. A well, Just letting everyone know how great my O d'A sounds then Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Aug-2016, 11:21)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Hi guys,

Today I was playing a particularly bright recording and I thought I would tone it down a bit. Only to find out that the tone controls didn't work. They show in the display as if they work but the sound doesn't change. I'm in a motel room now away from home and had no time to check before I left home but I just checked my configuration now and it all looks good. The first thing I would try is make up a new config file but since I won't be home for a bit I thought I might as well spend some time finding out if anyone else has ever had this. Huh

BTW, on those recordings that were good the O d'A sounded absolutely fabulous. My wife has promised me to keep it playing daily till I get home so it's nicely burnt in. How lucky am I? Smile

Edit: Found it! It was under speakers: Tone applies to this output. A well, Just letting everyone know how great my O d'A sounds then Smile

Any excuse Tongue Big Grin.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK