Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Reviews
(18-Sep-2016, 11:41)MightyMart Wrote: I had no idea an article posting and a question regarding it would trigger this kind of response.

I would just like to clarify a few things. I never claimed to agree with either the statements in the article or with the fashion in which they were presented. I too found the tone in the article to be biased and close to aggressive.

The reason I posted the article was that it brings up the question of what true high-end is and how it could be explained. High fidelity sound reproduction is, according to me at least, the ability to reproduce sound in a natural way. This ability/inability has been, like I wrote earlier, in the center of the criticism against Devialet from certain reviewers, dealers and even owners.

This question has also not been talked about to on this forum a great deal, and by that I am referring to the issue of what is high-end audio or high fidelity. I think it is a bit troublesome that a lot of us refer to the matter of "taste" when confronted with this question. It makes it hard to discuss the issue any further because "who am I to tell you your taste is wrong" etc. This was my only reason for posting the article and to my initial question and then responding to the input.

I hope I don't come across as a snobb now.
Eh?  No, not at all.  In fact I thought you were prompting some interesting debate with your original and subsequent posts.  The only snob on here is that Pim chap! Shy
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(18-Sep-2016, 11:55)Confused Wrote:
(18-Sep-2016, 11:41)MightyMart Wrote: I had no idea an article posting and a question regarding it would trigger this kind of response.

I would just like to clarify a few things. I never claimed to agree with either the statements in the article or with the fashion in which they were presented. I too found the tone in the article to be biased and close to aggressive.

The reason I posted the article was that it brings up the question of what true high-end is and how it could be explained. High fidelity sound reproduction is, according to me at least, the ability to reproduce sound in a natural way. This ability/inability has been, like I wrote earlier, in the center of the criticism against Devialet from certain reviewers, dealers and even owners.

This question has also not been talked about to on this forum a great deal, and by that I am referring to the issue of what is high-end audio or high fidelity. I think it is a bit troublesome that a lot of us refer to the matter of "taste" when confronted with this question. It makes it hard to discuss the issue any further because "who am I to tell you your taste is wrong" etc. This was my only reason for posting the article and to my initial question and then responding to the input.

Eh?  No, not at all.  In fact I thought you were prompting some interesting debate with your original and subsequent posts.  The only snob on here is that Pim chap! Shy

LOL  Angel
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(18-Sep-2016, 22:40)MightyMart Wrote:
(18-Sep-2016, 11:55)Confused Wrote:

LOL  Angel

I won't reply to that. I'm too busy holidaying on the Amalfi coast.  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.