Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Ensemble System
I've had Kef Q300 for quite some time. I also had LS50s at home for a weekend, but this was before SAM (actually before I upgraded my D-Premier). In addition LS50s were only partly broken in. I modified the cross over for the Q300 and got very good results, but with the reflex port in front and a less than ideal cabinet I had to move on.
The LS50s have a transparency in the midband that Q300 could never achieve, even with the best possible network components. I doubt that LS50 can give me the bass I want, even with SAM.
Reports for Devialet's Ensemble describe just what I'd like. A combination of my 250 and SAM'ed GT1s seems just right.. white GT1s on white Atacama Nexus 700mm stands = very high acceptance factor
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(08-Oct-2014, 13:29)ogs Wrote: I've had Kef Q300 for quite some time. I also had LS50s at home for a weekend, but this was before SAM (actually before I upgraded my D-Premier). In addition LS50s were only partly broken in. I modified the cross over for the Q300 and got very good results, but with the reflex port in front and a less than ideal cabinet I had to move on.
The LS50s have a transparency in the midband that Q300 could never achieve, even with the best possible network components. I doubt that LS50 can give me the bass I want, even with SAM.
Reports for Devialet's Ensemble describe just what I'd like. A combination of my 250 and SAM'ed GT1s seems just right.. white GT1s on white Atacama Nexus 700mm stands = very high acceptance factor
Couple photos of my set-up. Wife loves it.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(08-Oct-2014, 14:15)Flashman Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 13:29)ogs Wrote: I've had Kef Q300 for quite some time. I also had LS50s at home for a weekend, but this was before SAM (actually before I upgraded my D-Premier). In addition LS50s were only partly broken in. I modified the cross over for the Q300 and got very good results, but with the reflex port in front and a less than ideal cabinet I had to move on.
BTW, those are Partington Ansa speaker stands, made in the UK
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
(09-Oct-2014, 11:35)Flashman Wrote:
(08-Oct-2014, 14:15)Flashman Wrote:
BTW, those are Partington Ansa speaker stands, made in the UK

They look great!

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(09-Oct-2014, 11:36)GuillaumeB Wrote: They look great!

Guillaume

Not as nice as your system Guillaume mais ça marche très bien pour moi !
Looks really good Flashman! I'd be really interested in hearing the GT1's. Have not had a chance yet.
Does anyone know the difference between an Atohm GT 1.0 and the 'Special Edition' version in the ensemble package?

The original has a tweeter adjustment dial on the back so you can adjust to +1.5db, 0, or -1.5db. It also has magnets on the front for a grille. Are there any other differences?
Not that I know off.

The tweeter adjustment is taken care of via SAM and it (to my eyes) looks good in the gloss white.

That's it as far as I know,

Rik

PS: You get a nice pair of bags to carry the speakers in!
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(14-Oct-2014, 13:17)rik Wrote: Not that I know off.

The tweeter adjustment is taken care of via SAM and it (to my eyes) looks good in the gloss white.

That's it as far as I know,

Rik

PS: You get a nice pair of bags to carry the speakers in!

Rik has got it right. You do also get some Atohm thin ZEF speaker cable. I saved 'em and used more robust cables. What is amazing is that special edition can plumb down to 25Hz! I love my pair!

Here's what Devialet says on its web site:
Unique design by Devialet
Power handling : 100 Weff
Peak power : 200 W
Impedance : 6 ohms
Sensitivity level : 89dB/2.83V/1M
Frequency response with SAM : 25 Hz (- 3dB)
Cut-off frequency : 2,5 kHz
Atohm ZEF mini speaker cables
(08-Oct-2014, 13:29)ogs Wrote: The LS50s have a transparency in the midband that Q300 could never achieve, even with the best possible network components. I doubt that LS50 can give me the bass I want, even with SAM.
Reports for Devialet's Ensemble describe just

I believe that all SAMed speakers have the same bass frequency response specification to 25Hz, though I would imagine there is a big difference in the maximum loudness capability at 25Hz between the LS50 and bigger speakers!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire