Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First 220Pros are arriving in dealers
(11-Sep-2016, 09:06)egg1dog Wrote:
(10-Sep-2016, 20:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any impressions on whether the power supply in the 220pro still makes the weird mechanical sounding 'chattering' noise a lot of the 200's make?

Is this coming from the actual unit or the speakers ?

It comes from the unit, my master 200 is silent but in the Companion there is a little fuzzzzzzi sound from some component in the power supply. It is only audible really close to the amp.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(11-Sep-2016, 09:12)octaviars Wrote:
(11-Sep-2016, 09:06)egg1dog Wrote:
(10-Sep-2016, 20:58)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Any impressions on whether the power supply in the 220pro still makes the weird mechanical sounding 'chattering' noise a lot of the 200's make?

Is this coming from the actual unit or the speakers ?

It comes from the unit, my master 200 is silent but in the Companion there is a little fuzzzzzzi sound from some component in the power supply. It is only audible really close to the amp.

I had the same on the master of my D400. Happily, the Od'A is silent  Big Grin
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Noise like these are usually caused by DC interference and not by the gear itself.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(11-Sep-2016, 09:21)MightyMart Wrote: Noise like these are usually caused by DC interference and not by the gear itself.

In this case it is the gear it self and it is something that Devialet them self know about and also it is written about on there website. It is some sort of ferrite in the powersupply that vibrates if I am correct.

If it were DC on the line how come only one of my amps makes the noise and even with a DC blocker on the mains it makes the sound.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system

We seem to going a bit "off thread" here Wink.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(11-Sep-2016, 10:30)brit Wrote: We seem to going a bit "off thread" here Wink.

As the whole powersupply is different in the new Pro series we just have to hope that Devialet got this problem sorted out.

Second system

(11-Sep-2016, 10:32)octaviars Wrote:
(11-Sep-2016, 10:30)brit Wrote: We seem to going a bit "off thread" here Wink.

As the whole powersupply is different in the new Pro series we just have to hope that Devialet got this problem sorted out.

Only time will tell Smile.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(11-Sep-2016, 10:28)octaviars Wrote:
(11-Sep-2016, 09:21)MightyMart Wrote: Noise like these are usually caused by DC interference and not by the gear itself.

In this case it is the gear it self and it is something that Devialet them self know about and also it is written about on there website. It is some sort of ferrite in the powersupply that vibrates if I am correct.

This is the case. Devialet acknowledge the issue but have stood firm that 'it's normal' providing it doesn't exceed a non-specific (and I'm guessing non-existent) sound level. When my unit got replaced with a new one it still had the chattering noise, although fainter than the original. Personally I find it annoying so hopefully they've eradicated it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Have our 220's on dem, however,  anything heard to date is not the finished article - :

Le Configurator should be updated with new models next week.

We have used the following setups:

For 440 setup use 400 in the config (works but power limited to 400W).

For 220 setup use 250 I the config but limit the power on the output settings to 220W.

I guess the software has big implications on sound so we will wait to do our listening when correct software is out. 

S

PS Both 220's mechanically silent in operation.
(12-Sep-2016, 15:39)Martins Hi-Fi Wrote: Have our 220's on dem, however,  anything heard to date is not the finished article - :

Le Configurator should be updated with new models next week.

We have used the following setups:

For 440 setup use 400 in the config (works but power limited to 400W).

For 220 setup use 250 I the config but limit the power on the output settings to 220W.

I guess the software has big implications on sound so we will wait to do our listening when correct software is out. 

S

PS Both 220's mechanically silent in operation.
Does it not come with a default factory configuration / firmware?  OK, this would not allow the use of SAM, but it would at least be the 'full Pro' specification?

(which I am assuming is what SteveO listened to at Oxford Audio at the weekend)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12