Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed - Phantom Setup
I have a rather small house, 80sqm. My living room from TV to sofa is 2.8m. 

For movies and before the phantoms came, I used my DynAudio DM2/7 paired with Naim Nait 5i. 

As I had no space to put the phantoms, I decided to put it close to the window on stands. However my main concern is the sidewall on the right of the phantom as I can hear quite abit of reflection from the right speakers. 

How would you guys advice to improve on my setup ? 

Currently, the phantoms are 52inch (130cm) apart. And my red chair is 63inch (160cm) away from the phantoms. 

1) Switch the phantoms and put it where the DynAudio bookshelf speakers are ?
2) close the gap between the phantoms and sit closer ? 

Thanks in advance !

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(10-Sep-2016, 02:37)Nl88 Wrote: I have a rather small house, 80sqm. My living room from TV to sofa is 2.8m. 

For movies and before the phantoms came, I used my DynAudio DM2/7 paired with Naim Nait 5i. 

As I had no space to put the phantoms, I decided to put it close to the window on stands. However my main concern is the sidewall on the right of the phantom as I can hear quite abit of reflection from the right speakers. 

How would you guys advice to improve on my setup ? 

Currently, the phantoms are 52inch (130cm) apart. And my red chair is 63inch (160cm) away from the phantoms. 

1) Switch the phantoms and put it where the DynAudio bookshelf speakers are ?
2) close the gap between the phantoms and sit closer ? 

Thanks in advance !

Maybe it would be best to put the Phantoms where your speakers are. You could then use the Phantoms for films (sync allowing) as well as music. I know this is not ideal, but could you put the Phantoms on top of the speakers? If not how about getting some wall mounts for them?
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
What is the reason for shifting the phantoms to my speaker side ? Is it because the current position for the phantoms are not optimal?