Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet SAM for Sonus Faber Elipsa full size
Gentlemen, would you kindly advise how to configure SAM (Devialet 250) for my SF Elipsa (not RED version) since I could not find this model on SAM. What speakers or model should I select for substitution?Thank you in advance for your advice.
I don't recommend that you do so if what you are looking for is an accurate reproduction. SAM takes into account and model every aspect of your speaker, both transducers, filter, acoustic load etc... It looks like your Elipsa is quite different in terms of acoustic load from any other SF model that have a SAM profile.

Using an other profile may be pleasant to the ear, and if it is to your ear, then why not, but it will make the whole reproduction less accurate, not more.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(11-Sep-2016, 08:19)Jean-Marie Wrote: I don't recommend that you do so if what you are looking for is an accurate reproduction. SAM takes into account and model every aspect of your speaker, both transducers, filter, acoustic load etc... It looks like your Elipsa is quite different in terms of acoustic load from any other SF model that have a SAM profile.

Using an other profile may be pleasant to the ear, and if it is to your ear, then why not, but it will make the whole reproduction less accurate, not more.

I had tried SAM with different SF models, Stradivari, Cremona M, Cremona, and Olympica 3, but when I disabled SAM per your advice, it sounds much better. Thank you, Jean Marie.