Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark: Tidal source defaulting audio quality from HiFI-FLAC to High - AAC 320kbps
Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this has been discussed already. I tried to search for it but didn't find anything so far.

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this issue. I am using Tidal with Spark and have set it as a source with "HiFi-FLAC" as the Audio Quality. But after some short period of time playing music, I check the Tidal settings and see Spark has defaulted the Tidal Audio Quality to "High - AAC 320kbs". I set it back to FLAC, but the quality defaults again to AAC 320 shortly after some playback.

I wonder if this is a bug, or if this is how Tidal works if there is not enough bandwidth to server the FLAC stream. Anyone else notice this and have any ideas?

I am using the latest version of Spark for OSX as well as iOS and notice this on both platforms.

Thanks!
The bug is mentioned before and Devialet had already fixed the problem in the beginning of August, but will not release the fix yet. They say they have a 3 month interval of releasing new SW. The bug is utterly annoying. In my case it sometimes returns to AAC 96, sometimes 320. If you choose best quality available, you'll get AAC 320, not flac, according to Devialet customer service.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Thank you for the info ragwo.
(12-Sep-2016, 20:15)kameraguy Wrote: Thank you for the info ragwo.

You're welcome Smile
I use CC Audio to bypass the problem.
My Phantom Voyage
So does 1.8.1.54 fix this problem?
No, the problem still persist.
My Phantom Voyage
Same here...
Found the setting back on 96Kb/s
The choice "flac" was no longer available.
It came back by clicking twice on the blue/grey key wich is used to activate/desactivate a source.

How long will it work ?
Next time you start Spark it has reverted to 320 or 96 again. Every restart of Spark triggers the bug.
My Phantom Voyage
You are right...

Back to 320...

After 2 months setting BT,I am now facing wifi and spark bugs.
The bug triggers more often than that for me. Multiple times without a restart. I thought about going to qobuz, but their music selection sucks. Can't find a lot of what I listen to on Tidal.