Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark: Tidal source defaulting audio quality from HiFI-FLAC to High - AAC 320kbps
(30-Sep-2016, 20:26)Scubadon Wrote: The bug triggers more often than that for me.  Multiple times without a restart.  I thought about going to qobuz, but their music selection sucks. Can't find a lot of what I listen to on Tidal.

Buy a Chromecast Audio and connect it via toslink and use the Tidal app. A cheap workaround while waiting for Devialet's fix. We'll might have to wait a while, at least until December.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Here's Devialets answer to the issue;

Thank you for your message. 
We are so sorry for that !

I confirm there is definitely an issue on our side there. 
The fix will be included not in the next release, but in the one after (update 10). 
There is no date yet but it should be around December. 

We were hoping to include the fix yesterday, but the issue was a bit too complex to do it so shortly. 

Please let us know if you encounter anything  else. 
Best Regards,
Hi all, I got this morning an Update from Spark and now I can play FLAC with Tidal ! It sounds great ...
(15-Oct-2016, 11:42)laberingue Wrote: Hi all, I got this morning an Update from Spark and now I can play FLAC with Tidal ! It sounds great ...

Are you using iOS or Android? What number is the firmware?

When I use Tidal I have three options regarding quality. 

96kbps, 320kbps or best available. Does best available mean FLAC quality, I have the Hifi Tidal? My settings never revert to 96 or 320 but it would be nice to know what quality I am streaming.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(15-Oct-2016, 12:07)octaviars Wrote:
(15-Oct-2016, 11:42)laberingue Wrote: Hi all, I got this morning an Update from Spark and now I can play FLAC with Tidal ! It sounds great ...

96kbps, 320kbps or best available. Does best available mean FLAC quality, I have the Hifi Tidal? My settings never revert to 96 or 320 but it would be nice to know what quality I am streaming.

Best available means 320kbps, according to Devialet. You have to disable Tidal and re-open it to get the FLAC option.
Best available does not mean FLAC. On the Ipad, it will show best quality. I toggle it off then back on and it will show FLAC for a while. Devialet told me the problem will be corrected on the next update for what's that is worth. I hope so...
(15-Oct-2016, 15:19)B1aze Wrote:
(15-Oct-2016, 12:07)octaviars Wrote:

Best available means 320kbps, according to Devialet. You have to disable Tidal and re-open it to get the FLAC option.

I tried that now and that gave me FLAC. I will run my Chromecast untill Devialet fixes this.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Hi all, 
I use IOS Sierra with a MBA.
The firmware is : 1.8.1.54
From this update, I can choice in windows Tidal: Audio quality => HIFI-FLAC
Before It wasn't possible...
But on Spark APP for my iPhone, HIFI-FLAC isn't available..
Maybe there is a difference between different desktop ?
Try to disable and enable Tidal and you'll probably be able to choose flac. It will return to best audio quality/320 AAC the next time you start the app.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Worst and worst...

Whatever I try, the FLAC option is no more visible / available now...
And it always goes back to 96Kb/s.