Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
Wow, the price included VAT for EU, but they charged me $400odd for taxes on top of upgrade price.
I'm in CAlifornia and we have roughly 9% sales tax.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Hello, on 02.11.2016 my Expert 120 for the upgrade to Expert 220 Pro shipped. On 16.12.2016 came the device back. After a few days of warming up, I was now able to test extensively. In short: sound phenomenal! Device and remote control are brand new. Even if the upgrade took about 6 weeks, I did not regret the upgrade!
All the Best
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(22-Dec-2016, 20:14)Damon Wrote: Hi James,
I'm not sure if 'no-brainer' is quite correct, as it is a lot of money, and the D120 is already an outstanding amp and value, IMO. However, I did decide to upgrade my D120 to the D220 Pro and I am very glad I did. I can't say it was a wise decision (just in terms of the cost) but I am over the moon with the sound quality change and improvement. I will update my long posts soon, as my earlier concerns are completely resolved.

The price I paid included all shipping and expenses from Canada to France and back, so I am certain that it would apply to your location as well.

Hi Damon - yes you're right, 3k is a lot of money ... still got a few days yet to think about it. The 120 has been (and still is) a fantastic amplifier and i'd happily keep it. The 220 upgrade appeals, not just because of the step up for a reasonable (to me) cost, but the option later on to go dual mono and then possibly active. I really like what Devialet has been doing with Kudos and being able to do this with a small number of boxes (i came to Devialet from long term Naim ownership...) really appeals. 

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
(22-Dec-2016, 21:22)K4680 Wrote: Hello, on 02.11.2016 my Expert 120 for the upgrade to Expert 220 Pro shipped. On 16.12.2016 came the device back. After a few days of warming up, I was now able to test extensively. In short: sound phenomenal! Device and remote control are brand new. Even if the upgrade took about 6 weeks, I did not regret the upgrade!
All the Best

Tempting, tempting  Big Grin

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
james n,
I also came from Naim, as have many others here. Big difference. I loved Naim for years, but I could not go back now. And the Pro upgrade takes the Devialet even farther up the ladder. The difference in bass capability is massive. Not as in volume, but in giving full, rounded notes; even more than before, you can hear all way around the notes. Being a bit of a bass player, I probably focus too much on the bass. The Pro really lets me hear what the bass is doing and makes it much easier to follow along. Actually being able to play along is often a different matter.

Treble also much more open, and revealing, so not always flattering to all recordings. Now that I have my cable situation improved, I'm loving the high end as well. BTW my door-to-door turnaround was 20 days, almost to the hour, from pick up to return. Electronic shipping labels took about a week from Devialet after I ordered.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I just got email from "Judith" that my now upgraded 220pro is on its way home. The 120 that it used to be left home on Monday Smile Maybe I'll get it for Christmas - amazingly fast service! Happy holidays to all!
Same here, got an email stating that the upgrade was complete and that the 250Pro had just passed the testing and would be shipped before end of day. If this holds true (and nothing is broken, knock on wood...) then that would be next to amazing. The unit was delivered to Devialet on Tuesday and they complete it before weekend, in the week just before xmas.
QNAP TS219P II/ TIDAL-Hifi > Roon@mac-mini > AIR3-Cat6 > Devialet 250 > Audience AU24 SE > Gallo-3.5Ref (w/ SAM)
(22-Dec-2016, 21:32)james n Wrote:
(22-Dec-2016, 20:14)Damon Wrote: Hi James,
I'm not sure if 'no-brainer' is quite correct, as it is a lot of money, and the D120 is already an outstanding amp and value, IMO. However, I did decide to upgrade my D120 to the D220 Pro and I am very glad I did. I can't say it was a wise decision (just in terms of the cost) but I am over the moon with the sound quality change and improvement. I will update my long posts soon, as my earlier concerns are completely resolved.

The price I paid included all shipping and expenses from Canada to France and back, so I am certain that it would apply to your location as well.

Hi Damon - yes you're right, 3k is a lot of money ... still got a few days yet to think about it. The 120 has been (and still is) a fantastic amplifier and i'd happily keep it. The 220 upgrade appeals, not just because of the step up for a reasonable (to me) cost, but the option later on to go dual mono and then possibly active. I really like what Devialet has been doing with Kudos and being able to do this with a small number of boxes (i came to Devialet from long term Naim ownership...) really appeals. 

James

(23-Dec-2016, 16:36)Borgen Wrote: Same here, got an email stating that the upgrade was complete and that the 250Pro had just passed the testing and would be shipped before end of day. If this holds true (and nothing is broken, knock on wood...) then that would be next to amazing. The unit was delivered to Devialet on Tuesday and they complete it before weekend, in the week just before xmas.

Good luck, my upgrade 120-> 220 per lasted 6 weeks. But the wait was worth it
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
i have just received my 220 Pro yesterday. The upgrade is pretty fast, considering 2 weeks turnaround.

The 220 Pro is clearly a step up from D200, in terms of details, clarity and transparency.

Will be planning to upgrade my 2nd D200 Master to 220 Pro before end of the month.
440 Pro, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 Digital cable, Plixir Elite BAC 3000 Power Conditioner, Plixir The Statement Balanced Power Cord
Rega RP10, Melco N1-S38, Melco S100 Audiophile Dataswitch, ADOT MC01, Diva Audio & 7N-4030 Leggenda Power Cords, Plixir BDC LPS, Habst Ultra III USB cable, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Acrolink 7N-DA2090 AES/EBU cable, Mutec REF 10, Habst Digital BNC cable
Vivid Giya G4, Acrolink 7N-S1400 Leggenda Speaker cables
PSI AVAA C20 Active Bass Trap
bFly-audio Master, Cube, b.Disc Absorbers
Artnovion Andrea Absorbers
My updgrade took 6 working days from door to door. Quite fast I think.