Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
Ok...payment done...bit the bullet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(27-Dec-2016, 12:54)sanjeebrose Wrote: Ok...payment done...bit the bullet

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well done, Sanjee! Not only will you benefit from the increase in sound quality, but you also get two more input/outputs and a more configurable phono input.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Indeed, good decision. You will benefit from the upgrade and streamer board. I do think - in your case coming from an 120 - it's the best investment possible.
I am, too, gathering resolve and biting the bullet to upgrade from a 120 to a 220pro. Due to there not being a representative down here in Argentina I'm considering other ways of doing with the help of some friends. It's more of a hassle but what the heck...

Thanks very much to all of those who posted their impressions here: the diversity of people and the general agreement on the benefits have been a big factor in my decision.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My 250Pro arrived back from France yesterday, I can hardly wait... problem is I am away and travelling until mid January so I HAVE to wait!
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Often I have been quite critical of Devialet's customer service but I have to say this update worked without a glitch.
I ordered the update from 250expert to pro on Saturday the 10th of December NZ time (I still had the boxes) so the order was processed on Monday the 12th of December. UPS picked up the package on Thursday 15 and the Devialet arrived at destination the 21st of December. I was already prepared to a long wait until after the Christmas holidays up to the New Year but the 24th of December I received a mail from Judy that my Devialet was already on the way home. I just received it this morning in Wellington (19 days after the order) and it is already playing the Crane Wife 10th anniversary boxset.
For me it is always difficult to compare the SQ after being without it for a while but I can confirm that straight out of the box I agree with other comments about increased detail. I am listening to vinyl and I am at lower volume than I used to be but I am getting the same detail (if not more) than before at higher volume.
Definitely happy with the whole experience and the results of the upgrade.

Cheers Marco

P.S. Did anyone weighted the 250 expert vs the pro? Mine seems a lot heavier than I remember, probably the new copper base, or my immagination?
(29-Dec-2016, 00:47)marcor Wrote: Often I have been quite critical of Devialet's customer service but I have to say this update worked without a glitch.
I ordered the update from 250expert to pro on Saturday the 10th of December NZ time (I still had the boxes) so the order was processed on Monday the 12th of December. UPS picked up the package on Thursday 15 and the Devialet arrived at destination the 21st of December. I was already prepared to a long wait until after the Christmas holidays up to the New Year but the 24th of December I received a mail from Judy that my Devialet was already on the way home. I just received it this morning in Wellington (19 days after the order) and it is already playing the Crane Wife 10th anniversary boxset.
For me it is always difficult to compare the SQ after being without it for a while but I can confirm that straight out of the box I agree with other comments about increased detail. I am listening to vinyl and I am at lower volume than I used to be but I am getting the same detail (if not more) than before at higher volume.
Definitely happy with the whole experience and the results of the upgrade.

Cheers Marco

P.S. Did anyone weighted the 250 expert vs the pro? Mine seems a lot heavier than I remember, probably the new copper base, or my immagination?

So it was in transit/at the factory from the 15th until today? That's 13 days there and back to New Zealand: that's pretty good going, isn't it? Especially when you consider that it's probably the busiest time of year for the postal services. Sounds like Devialet are keeping on top of the workload. Hope you get on well with your upgraded 250!  Smile

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
I am experiencing worst customer service ever. Devialet's service.

I tried to order upgrade on Dec 22. That failed due to glitch in store's website. When clicked on ORDER&PAY button i was back on same ordering page, but with my "store account" created. But i lost all fields i filled in previously. So i started filling them out again. And then i discovered... i cannot apply my coupon code anymore. It was "invalid".
I think one told similar story before on this thread a month ago.

Immediately opened case with customer support... and horror started.
I was quickly assured, that my order was created (despite i did not see it on "My orders" page), but i just need to pay now. Despite i tried to explain i could not pay, because i was kicked off transaction after clicking the "PAY" button.

I asked few times, through updates on support page (thanks to Devialetchat's members, who described process many times) over 6 following days, how to pay? No answer until i opened another case about same issue, yesterday. Support must got annoyed! Second case for issue they made decision to ignore!

So they answered in the second case, 7 days after i opened the first one....
This time, a "care person" advised me to cancel the order and make a new one. Heavens!!! How to cancel something i have no access to? What about my coupon code that was valid until last Sunday?
Asked those questions in the second case (first was quietly closed as "Solved"!). No answer, yet.

I was assured on Dec 22, that i only need to pay and coupon is still valid for the order i made 7 days ago. Now, i supposed to cancel order losing my what? €900 discount?

Let's say i agree to pay that more money. I guess I have to be quick to finish new order before end of the year. At least i could get "free" DOS card, sometime.
No way. I feel tired and disappointed. Angry, that i bought beautiful piece of gear from Devialet.
Why should pay more? Due to faulty website and incompetent support "care"? No way.
Maybe i will stay with D200 forever, but Devialet earned new enemy.

I did not believe before, but i am sure now. Devialet's support is crap.

Update: I was able to order upgrade thanks to my dealer's help: http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...0#pid56100
Update 2: It seems that Devialet support, while slow and very bad with communication, can get issues sorted out. After 14 days, they gave me solution to my problem. They are unaware it was solved 3 days before, thx to my dealer, though. So, their internal communication is poor, too. Lesson for me: Devialet's customer care works, just slowly and communicates poorly.
Update 3: Well. I asked for new boxes to securely transport my D200 to France. In first email, i got confirmation, that i will receive boxes, sometimes. Next day, next email, that i need to schedule a pick up. Devialet already forgot i needed the new boxes. What a shame. Thx to stories from others i arranged some boxes on my own, wrapped amplifier heavily and shipped it to France. Now, the good news. I got it back in 14 days, door to door. The quick upgrade procedure impressed me positively. Lastly.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
@maxijazz - where are you located? I would advise getting in touch with the local Devialet sales manager to work through this issue. If you cannot find that information I would ask Devialet support to provide you with that information and put you in touch with them.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
After a lot of deliberation and with just an hour or s0 left of 2016 - i've done it .

120 to 220Pro upgrade ordered  Big Grin

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass