Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
Upgrade program kick-off
(31-Dec-2016, 23:35)james n Wrote: After a lot of deliberation and with just an hour or s0 left of 2016 - i've done it .

120 to 220Pro upgrade ordered  Big Grin

Nice one James! You've taken advantage of what is probably the best value upgrade of them all.
Hope the process goes smoothly and that you're happy with your 220 Pro. I'm sure you will be!

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks Alex - luckily i didn't wake up this morning regretting anything so looking forward to getting the process underway and giving my 120 a little holiday across the channel. As much as i love my 120, the offer is too good to turn down.

Cheers

James

Melco N1A > Meicord Opal > Devialet 220 Pro > Mogami 2972 > Shahinian Compass
james n,
I have no doubt that you'll be very pleased with the upgrade. It is a very big step up; much more than I believed would be possible, as I felt the D120 was wonderful. Based on my own experience, I believe the D220 is more sensitive to speaker cables (and probably other cables) but that is just something that I found weak in my system.

Let us know about the turnaround time and your impressions when it gets turned on for the first time.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Thanks Damon and thanks for the help further back in the thread. It made the decision easier. I'll report back on how it all goes.

Cheers

James

After some initial hesitation, I also took the plunge and opted for the upgrade. Ordered on Xmas Eve, and shipped last week Thursday with Devialet verifying receipt in France one day later.

Looking forward to getting my 250 (Pro) back! Smile
Kii Three Speakers | JL Audio Fathom Subwoofer  | KEF LS50 Speakers | Samsung 850 Soundbar
Innuos Statement | Trinnov Altitude 32 | PS Audio Stellar S300 Amp | T+A HA 200 Headphone Amplifier | Meze Empyrean Headphones
Sean Jacobs DC-3 Custom Build LPS | Roon Core DIY Server | SOtM sNH-10G Modded Switch | Oppo UDP-205 Blu-Ray/SACD Player
T+A G 2000 R Turntable | DS Audio E1 Optical Stylus | Gordian Lab 12 Power Conditioner | Artesania Audio Rack
Today I visited one of the major high end and Devialet dealers in Mannheim Germany to ask for a listening session of the Expert Pro series.... it turned out that dealers in Gernany have very bad experience with the  German distritubutor or Devialet so that it is does not seem to be in in their interest to offer the new Expert Pro line. Even my favoured Frankfurt dealer hes no news when to receive the Expert Pro.
Very very disapointing for the start of the year ...
iMac Core i9, Roon lifetime, Qobuz Sublime+, OPPO BDP-103EU, Kanex Pro HDMI Audio Extractor, Dual CS 617Q, Devialet 220 PRO Core Infinity, Bowers&Wilkins 804 D2, Oppo HA2, Sennheiser HD 800S, Living Room, Enjoy Listening, Germany
most european countries can use the online shop from Devialet, exception is Germany. Send a complaint to Devialet, maybe it is in their interest to chase the german distributor or replace him with the online shop. Then you could order a Devialet, listen to it and send it back if you don't like it...which will not happen frequently I guess...
(29-Dec-2016, 21:54)baddog Wrote: @maxijazz - where are you located? I would advise getting in touch with the local Devialet sales manager to work through this issue. If you cannot find that information I would ask Devialet support to provide you with that information and put you in touch with them.

I followed as advised and was able to order the upgrade thanks to dealer's help.
Thank you baddog!
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
After ordering my upgrade on New Years Eve (cutting it a bit fine!), i got an email from 'Judith' with my shipping label on the 4th of Jan and arranged collection with UPS for the 6th when i'd be at home. I had all the original boxes so no need to get those from Devialet. All securely packed, UPS picked it up this afternoon as arranged. If all goes well i should have it back by the end of the month.

James

After much considerartion I ordered the upgrade as well on the 30th of december. My D200 will be picked up on monday by UPS. This is the first time that I make a change to a completely satsisfying setup. I like the sound of my D200 with firmware 7.1.3. We will wait and see...
Devialet 220pro - Sonus Faber Olympica II - Moon Neo 260D - Oppo BDP103 - Lessloss DFPC Signature - Lessloss Firewall - Intel NUC - AQ USB Coffee

The Netherlands