Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Indulgence Show, Hammersmith, 14-16 October 2016
Devialet will be exhibiting at this show, very conveniently located for anyone in central or west London, or indeed further afield e.g. along the M4 corridor.

Shame about the name ...

I'll probably pop along on Friday 14th. 

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Looks a decent line up, might well give this a go.

Didn't bother with the National Audio show at Whittlebury last weekend for the first time ever (exhibitor list just gets smaller and smaller)
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
Did anyone go to this today? I could probably find the time to go this weekend, just wondering if it would be worth the effort?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Oct-2016, 16:15)LllConfused Wrote: Did anyone go to this today?  I could probably find the time to go this weekend, just wondering if it would be worth the effort?

Yes, there is a good range of exhibitors, although difficult to navigate as on four floors.
Devialet has it's own room with a 440 and KEF Blade twos as well as Phantom Golds. Unfortunately the 440 was not up and running when I was there.  The Phantoms were very impressive, but not my choice for a home system (or the neighbours).  I did chat to one of the reps, he was fairly new and had not heard of Roon, but he did look it up on the internet and is now better informed.
(14-Oct-2016, 16:15)Confused Wrote: Did anyone go to this today?  I could probably find the time to go this weekend, just wondering if it would be worth the effort?

It's less than half an hour away for me, but sadly no time to go.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(15-Oct-2016, 09:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(14-Oct-2016, 16:15)Confused Wrote: Did anyone go to this today?  I could probably find the time to go this weekend, just wondering if it would be worth the effort?

I've just checked train times for tomorrow, and all of a sudden Hammersmith is a LOT further than I thought, in terms of travel time at least.  Replacement bus service...... Angry
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(15-Oct-2016, 10:13)Confused Wrote:
(15-Oct-2016, 09:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote:

I've just checked train times for tomorrow, and all of a sudden Hammersmith is a LOT further than I thought, in terms of travel time at least.  Replacement bus service...... Angry

You've got to love public transport on Sundays.....

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Spent a good few hours here today, along with Batman and Cat Woman.
There's plenty to get through and surely something for everyone.
On the Devialet front, there was the 440 driving some Kef Blades- sorry but for me there is a thickness to the Blades bass that is slightly un-natural to my ears. Other than the Phantoms, the Blades seem to be devialet's goto choice- there are surely better combinations out there.

Of further interest was an array of 6 220's driving Kudos Titans in an active arrangement. Kudos headman Derek Gilligan designed my speakers in his previous role in partnership at Neat, so the Kudos house sound is one that I like. I am sorry to say that £60k worth of kit sounded merely OK.
LP12se, CD3t, Le 400, MF7
Bucks/Herts Border
(15-Oct-2016, 20:01)adamk Wrote: Spent a good few hours here today, along with Batman and Cat Woman.
There's plenty to get through and surely something for everyone.
On the Devialet front, there was the 440 driving some Kef Blades- sorry but for me there is a thickness to the Blades bass that is slightly un-natural to my ears. Other than the Phantoms, the Blades seem to be devialet's goto choice- there are surely better combinations out there.

Of further interest was an array of 6 220's driving Kudos Titans in an active arrangement. Kudos headman Derek Gilligan designed my speakers in his previous role in partnership at Neat, so the Kudos house sound is one that I like. I am sorry to say that £60k worth of kit sounded merely OK.

Ummm, strange.....  Someone told me that Devialet and the KEF Blade was a match made in heaven. Shy  

Joking apart, I think the bass on mine (original Blades not the Blade 2 at the show) can sound a bit thick running 100% SAM with SAM2.  I'm usually at 20 to 40%.  I wonder?

One thing we can probably agree on, I did spend some time listening to the (then) 6 D200 into Kudos Titans rig at Bristol earlier this year.  Very very poor for the money I thought.  A fully active system could in theory sound superb, but it is very hard to do.  I suspect this set up is not done quite as well as it should be.  I have heard the Titans once before, when I think they sounded a lot better.