Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pair of D-Premier's - Upgrade to 250Pro x 2 or 1000Pro
Hi

Now the Pro upgrades have started (not in Oz yet, but coming in a couple of months) I'm tossing up which way to go with my pair of D-Premiers.

I could either upgrade both DP's to a 1000Pro set-up (5990Euro) or the DP's to a pair of 250Pro's (6980Euro).

Off course going the 1000Pro upgrade path would be the cheapest, but wondering if paying the extra 990Euro would give me an option down the track if I get into cash difficulties and need to sell one of the 250Pro's (I'm due to be laid off next week and things aren't great job wise here in Oz at present).

I realise it may be a bit of a defeatist attitude thinking pessimistically if I need to sell, but having one 250Pro in my set-up wouldn't be too bad Huh
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
In your case, with the matte black cases, I would opt to have them both upgraded to 250 Pro. It would be almost impossible to sell a matte black slave unit unless you drop the price to bugger all. Sell your fancy cables to pay for it if need be. They have less of an impact on sound quality than the upgrade and can be easily replaced one by one.

Good luck finding new work. Been there a few times myself. Great time to listen to music Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If you are not sure on your cash position in near future, I would not upgrade and wait for better times.
(22-Sep-2016, 06:16)Celts88 Wrote: Hi

Now the Pro upgrades have started (not is Oz yet, but coming in a couple of months) I'm tossing up which way to go with my pair of D-Premiers.

I could either upgrade both DP's to a 1000Pro set-up (5990Euro) or the DP's to a pair of 250Pro's (6980Euro).

Off course going the 1000Pro upgrade path would be the cheapest, but wondering if paying the extra 990Euro would give me an option down the track if I get into cash difficulties and need to sell one of the 250Pro's (I'm due to be laid off next week and things aren't great job wise here in Oz at present).

I realise it may be a bit of a defeatist attitude thinking pessimistically if I need to sell, but having one 250Pro in my set-up wouldn't be too bad Huh

I agree with Pim. Upgrade both to full 250 Pro an you'll be more flexible in the future. I would not mind a black 250 Pro for myself Big Grin I almost ordered a black D-Premier back in 2011, but changed my mind last minute (as chrome has higher WAF...)
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(as chrome has higher WAF...)

Try Rose Gold mate. even higher WAF Wink
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Sep-2016, 09:03)Pim van Vliet Wrote: (as chrome has higher WAF...)

Try Rose Gold mate. even higher WAF Wink

Beautiful, but O d'A is only monoblocks... I'd want a single amp. Maybe a pair of Phantom Gold - just to get the colour of course Cool
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Pardon my ignorance, do 2 fully upgraded 250 Pro make the 1000 Pro?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Appreciate the replies.

Pim
Yes, if I was going to go the 1000Pro option then really would be stuck with the companion if I wanted to sell (Matte Black companion would only look good with same colour Master, and not many of them around).

If going the 250Pro x 2 route would have the option to send one first, then upon it's return send of the 2nd DP. Then I could see what the difference is with a single 250Pro against the 1000Pro when it returned.

Ogs
I actually prefer my Matte Black pair, and for me WAF is better with this colour (in my case).

Xander
Yes, if money is tight then off course I can't do it, but if I could afford it would make sense before the end of the year while the OS Card is going to be a freebie add-on in 2017. Realise no one knows what the OS Card will do, but if it comes free with the current upgrade programme then no harm done (if leaving upgrade into 2017 then may have to pay for the OS Card).
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I have matte black D premiers and am going to do the 2 x 250p thing
In the new configurateur , if you link 2 x 250p's , it indicates that you are at 1kw as full output
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
Rodney

Hope you're now well on the way to recovery, and had plenty of time to listen to your pair of DP's. How did you find going from a single DP to the dual DP set-up, did it make much of a difference (I got mine as a pair to start with so that's all I've known).

Yes, I'm also leaning towards the 2 x 250Pro's as that will give me the most flexibility down the track (either if money's tight can sell one, or if need be can use as 2 separate units in different locations in the house).

If it wasn't for the money thing I wouldn't bother and just go for the 2 x 250Pro's, but being only an extra 990Euro it may be worth it in the long run if I can stretch my budget now to give me the choice later.

Australia (Perth)